• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 10,366 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 12:13 PM

Has anyone ever done or know of a place in Punta Cana that does canopy tours, I am searching online but don't see anything.

#2 Alyssa

Alyssa
    • 11,793 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 12:22 PM

no, i don't think there are any.

and honestly, after being there, it is not really set up for a lot of 'off-site' activities. Punta Cana is great for AI's and water sports

#3 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 10,366 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 12:40 PM

that's what I was thinking. I know that Costa Rica and Puerta Vallarta have them. Maybe that's why I couldn't find anything.

Alyssa, where have you stayed or where would you recommend?

Looking at pictures, I am leaning towards the Grand Oasis

#4 Alyssa

Alyssa
        • 11,793 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 12:48 PM

Shelley,

we stayed at Paradisus Palma Real, which is an AI. I am not usually a fan of big resorts and I really, really liked it. It is new (18 to 24 months old), everything is very well maintained, the food is good, there are a lot of activities, the beach is AWESOME!, the spa is fantastic, it is not too far from the airport (drive time). i thought it was pretty affordable. We went for a DW and did an air/hotel package for a week.

Also - i have heard amazing things about Tortuga Bay (i don't know what their website is but they are listed on Luxury Link Tortuga Bay Hotel, Dominican Republic - LuxuryLink.com). Friends stayed here and raved about it - apparently it was designed by Oscar de la Renta and is amazing!

also - DR has some of the best beaches ever!
          Alyssa

#5 twinkletoes

twinkletoes
          • 2,302 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 01:15 PM

Hey Shelley~

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm thinking canopy tours is along the lines of ziplining, or a little similar.

Here is a site in/near PC that offers zip line tours (among other tours/activities) that we are thinking about checking out during our visit: WELCOME TO :: FARALLON ZIP-LINES ADVENTURES

Its currently $89/pp for 4 1/2 hours.
            2 Hearts, 1 Love 08.08.08Punta Cana, D.R.

#6 Alyssa

Alyssa
            • 11,793 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 01:24 PM

Wow christina - the treasure hunt looks so cool!

#7 twinkletoes

twinkletoes
              • 2,302 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 01:34 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Alyssa
                Wow christina - the treasure hunt looks so cool!
                I know, it sounds fun! I was thinking about doing this with my guests, but I think it lasts for about 8 hours. I think that may be too long, seeing that most guests will only be there for 4 days, and I'm already taking up some of their vacation time for the wedding! So maybe me and the FI can do this during our honeymoon!
                2 Hearts, 1 Love 08.08.08Punta Cana, D.R.

#8 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 10,366 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 07:56 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Alyssa
                  Shelley,

we stayed at Paradisus Palma Real, which is an AI. I am not usually a fan of big resorts and I really, really liked it. It is new (18 to 24 months old), everything is very well maintained, the food is good, there are a lot of activities, the beach is AWESOME!, the spa is fantastic, it is not too far from the airport (drive time). i thought it was pretty affordable. We went for a DW and did an air/hotel package for a week.

Also - i have heard amazing things about Tortuga Bay (i don't know what their website is but they are listed on Luxury Link
                  Hey Shelley~

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm thinking canopy tours is along the lines of ziplining, or a little similar.

Here is a site in/near PC that offers zip line tours (among other tours/activities) that we are thinking about checking out during our visit: WELCOME TO :: FARALLON ZIP-LINES ADVENTURES

Its currently $89/pp for 4 1/2 hours.

ooohh, thanks, I thought I was going to have to change locations, lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users