• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

#71 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 24,768 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 02:18 PM

boy, he just sounds like an all around good guy. nice.

#72 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 18,759 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 02:24 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by nathanielthompsonphoto
      Ha! Thats hilarious! How did you find that?

It basically means that he registered the domain name officemax.cc knowing that it was very similar to officemax.com in hopes of selling it to the Office Max corporation. At first he tried to sell it for $150, and then when they said OK he changed the price to $10,000. But Office Max filed a complaint, and the courts ended up awarding the name to Office Max, and he got nothing.
      thanks for breaking it down. i hate reading legal documents. I couldn't tell why he wanted the website. I thought he was hoping people would stumble across it looking for office max & see all his pretty pictures and hire him.

#73 Alyssa

Alyssa
      • 11,793 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 03:06 PM

jeez that is weird!

#74 becks

becks

VIP

• VIP Member
        • 4,881 posts
        • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
        • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
        • LocationNew York

Posted 03 March 2008 - 03:35 PM

So, I just took a quick look at his webpage.

My 10 y/o niece takes better shots with her disposable camera than some of those...

Wow. No wonder the spam...

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

#75 Nic Dragomire

Nic Dragomire
        • 530 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 04:00 PM

So back to the spam... I saw a commercial having to do with spamburgers... and I died laughing thinking about this thread and how much Ann loves her spam..hehe

#76 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 24,768 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 04:01 PM

Well, let's not go too crazy here, I don't know that I love spam, exactly, but I love claiming it as a local treat! lol I haven't eaten it since I was a child.

#77 kristaphoto

kristaphoto
            • 10 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 06:01 PM

I can't believe he actually thought he could get away with that - I mean, the rules are pretty clear, you know? He must really be desperate for work...

And I also can't believe that any of you actually like spam! I'm not sure that I've ever actually eaten it, but the whole concept is pretty gross. I mean, what IS it anyway??

#78 gina@pixoflife

gina@pixoflife
              • 46 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 04:01 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by kristaphoto
                I can't believe he actually thought he could get away with that - I mean, the rules are pretty clear, you know? He must really be desperate for work...

And I also can't believe that any of you actually like spam! I'm not sure that I've ever actually eaten it, but the whole concept is pretty gross. I mean, what IS it anyway??
                Sorry, a bit off topic, but SPAM isn't bad...lol Especially if you know how to cook it and if you travel to Hawaii a lot (*guilty*) you are certainly in the land of spam lovers..lol

On topic, never understand why people break rules in the first place, they ALWAYS end up getting caught. I just want to say thanks to those that run this forum and your being gracious enough to even allow us vendors on here at all..thanks girls!
                ~Gina
                www.pixoflife.com :: Visit the BLOG for our Latest Work!

http://www.pixoflife...Lsig_banner.jpg

#79 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
                • 26,161 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 04:20 AM

Our favorite Hawaiian spot here makes yummy spam and eggs...mmm It really isn't that bad, not sure what all is in it though. Totally popular in Hawaii, spam burgers, spam musubi, they have many ways to eat spam!

And that law suit is crazy! You guys are great detectives...lol

#80 jean-marcus

jean-marcus
                  • 1,565 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 12:38 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by LC_Rachel
                    Can we spam his personal website? he he
                    oh that is funny..... you should all do that and pretend to book him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users