#41 Christine

Christine
  • VIP Member
  • 21,514 posts
  • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
  • Wedding Location:Napa, California
  • LocationReno, NV

Posted 28 February 2008 - 04:35 PM

oh my gosh, one of my friends was talking today about how at McDonalds in Hawaii one of the meal options for breakfast is spam and eggs. So funny.
Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#42 Nic Dragomire

Nic Dragomire
  • 530 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 05:08 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Christine
    oh my gosh, one of my friends was talking today about how at McDonalds in Hawaii one of the meal options for breakfast is spam and eggs. So funny.
    get out of my head... I was about to post the same thing

"The 78 McDonald's outlets in Hawaii have begun test-marketing a breakfast meal that consists of egg, rice and Spam.
    Spam has been a laughing matter on the mainland since babyboomers were babies, but the Hormel product made from pork parts is staggeringly popular in Hawaii, which has the highest Spam consumption per capita of any state.
    Spam musubi ("moo-soo-BEE"), consisting of a strip of cooked Spam sitting on a block of rice and held in place by a sushi-style seaweed girdle, is a popular breakfast food and lunchtime or picnic snack.
    Hawaii residents are mystified by the scorn that mainlanders heap on Spam until they hear that many mainlanders first tried in as a lunchmeat, sliced cold. In Hawaii it is never served that way but is always cooked.
    McDonald's says it will serve Spam for breakfast through the end of July and then decide if it is selling well enough to add to a menu that already includes rice, Portuguese sausage (another Hawaii favorite -- Portuguese sailors, mostly from the Canary Islands, were among the first non-indigenous people to take up residence in Hawaii) and saimin."

of course this was back in 02, but they still serve it.

#43 Nic Dragomire

Nic Dragomire
    • 530 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 05:12 PM

nothing says yummm more than "pork parts".

#44 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 24,768 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 05:18 PM

don't take this away from me! lol

Hormel Foods > SPAM® family of products

Seventy Years and Counting
        The first can of SPAM® luncheon meat was produced in 1937 in Austin, Minn. From the beginning, SPAM® was unique—it stood alone in its low price, convenience and delicious taste. It immediately became America’s favorite luncheon meat, and by 1941, 40 million pounds of SPAM® had been sold.

With America’s entry into World War II, SPAM® luncheon meat was called into action overseas. With Allied forces fighting to liberate Europe, we provided 15 million cans of luncheon meat to troops every week. SPAM® luncheon meat became an essential item in soldiers’ diets, often serving as the last line of defense between battle-weary soldiers and starvation. Following the war, world leaders the likes of Dwight Eisenhower, Margaret Thatcher and Nikita Khrushchev all credited SPAM® luncheon meat for its role in the Allied victory.

#45 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 24,768 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 05:18 PM

oh, and for you health nuts ...

SPAM® low sodium: Since 1986, providing you all that SPAM® classic taste with 25 percent less sodium

SPAM® lite: This version of SPAM® classic has 33 percent fewer calories and 50 percent less fat. That‘s why they call it SPAM® lite

#46 Nic Dragomire

Nic Dragomire
          • 530 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 05:50 PM

keep your pork parts.... you can have my share too! =)

I can't stomach any more spam speak, so lets get back to our originally scheduled program of bashing vendors that spam unsuspecting brides.

#47 jujigirl

jujigirl
            • 55 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 05:53 PM

I really like the part about the "sushi-style seaweed girdle." I just don't think "edible" when I read "girdle" but who knows...I'm probably in the minority.

#48 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
              • 11,659 posts
              • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 01 March 2008 - 02:19 AM

just another warning that Miguel Mayo tried to register under another name again. if he pm's you, please let us know.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
              Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
              Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
              Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
              sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
              Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#49 MelissaH

MelissaH
              • 1,724 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 02:23 AM

holy - he doesn't give up huh?

is there any way to ban someone by IP? (assuming he has a static IP #)

#50 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 18,759 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 10:46 AM

geez, he is determined to take bad pictures at all of our weddings

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users