108 replies to this topic

#91 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 5,752 posts
  • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 04 March 2008 - 09:00 PM

IMHO, id cancel with miguel mayo if i were you. totally not worth it. after looking at his stuff, i really dont understand how the WPJA let him in.

#92 jajajaja

jajajaja
  • VIP Member
  • 9,794 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 09:02 PM

Plus you have beautiful engagement photos already. You look so happy!
    Happily married since 2008

#93 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 18,759 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 09:32 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by mauraw
      IMHO, id cancel with miguel mayo if i were you. totally not worth it. after looking at his stuff, i really dont understand how the WPJA let him in.
      don't you think he just faked that logo? Or maybe he bought www.wpja.cc.com & made a trade with them for membership.

#94 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 24,768 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 09:36 PM

does the WPJA really look at the quality of the photos though? maybe they do. and he can probbaly submit his best stuff to get accepted.

i wonder what they'd think if they knew about his business practices

#95 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 5,752 posts
        • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 04 March 2008 - 09:36 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Morgan
        don't you think he just faked that logo? Or maybe he bought www.wpja.cc.com & made a trade with them for membership.
        honestly, i thought the same thing, and i checked the wpja site, and he is actually listed as a member. how disappointing.

#96 *JillD*

*JillD*
        • 5,112 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 10:21 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by AnnR
          does the WPJA really look at the quality of the photos though? maybe they do. and he can probbaly submit his best stuff to get accepted.

i wonder what they'd think if they knew about his business practices
          I wonder if its one of those associations that you just pay a membership fee and you are a member without really having specific standards?

#97 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 24,768 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 10:22 PM

that's what i was thinking.

#98 chibi411

chibi411
            • 234 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 10:27 PM

Quote:
              thats funny morgan

#99 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 18,759 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 10:36 PM

I entered a contest on photo.com & got inducted into some sort of photography association. It was a snapshot of a lighthouse, nothing special. There was a button I clicked that said "enter contest." I thought it was like an instant win thing. They would send me emails with pictures of the lighthouse on a trophy, wooden box, coffee table book & a medalion. I could purchase all these items to show off my award winning photo. I could also attend an awards banquet in vegas.

It was so obvious to me this was fake, but if someone else submitted a good picture it might be hard to tell.

So maybe he entered a contest like I did.

#100 *JillD*

*JillD*
                • 5,112 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 10:38 PM

Quote:
                  I entered a contest on photo.com & got inducted into some sort of photography association. It was a snapshot of a lighthouse, nothing special. There was a button I clicked that said "enter contest." I thought it was like an instant win thing. They would send me emails with pictures of the lighthouse on a trophy, wooden box, coffee table book & a medalion. I could purchase all these items to show off my award winning photo. I could also attend an awards banquet in vegas.

It was so obvious to me this was fake, but if someone else submitted a good picture it might be hard to tell.

So maybe he entered a contest like I did.
                  I did the same thing, lol!!

Now I get all of these emails all the time! They wanted me to buy some stupid book with all of the award winning photos.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users