My Visit to ROR...

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 darairene

darairene
  • 19 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 08:28 PM

One word: AMAZING.

A little background. My fiance is Jamaican and was asked to be in his aunt's wedding, so we went to Jamaica for the wedding. While there we couldn't resist taking a day trip to ROR for a sneak preview and we even spent the night there. (We ended up treating the bride/groom to a night at ROR for their honeymoon--they were our ride to Ocho Rios from Kingston).

Anyways, I was super nervous about if I would like ROR even though the feedback on here has always been encouraging. Seeing it for myself I am super confident that ROR is an excellent place to get married. It is beautiful, the beach is great, and the service was EXCELLENT.

Derek and I did get a meeting with Chandlyn and she actually arranged for us to also have a meeting with Marcia from Tai Flowers and the RIU Food/Beverage guy. We felt really guilty for asking these very busy people to meet with us with our wedding not being until November, but they were all very accomodating and answered every question happily. The food manager even arranged a "cocktail" tasting b/c we expressed interest in a signature drink. Very fun.

I won't blab on, but wanted to share my positive experience. If you have questions at all feel free to ask away. My experience is of course as a "Pre-Bride" but I'd be happy to provide more detail anyway...

Dara

#2 chicago88

chicago88
    • 699 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 09:30 PM

I'm so happy I chose the ROR resort-I know your wedding will be great!! It really is an amazing place. My guests are already planning to go back!!!

Therese & Jay
      Riu Ocho Rios, Jamaica2.15.08
      http://tickers.Ticke....1f03/event.png

#3 darairene

darairene
      • 19 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 09:36 PM

I love your picture!! You are a beautiful bride!

I am super excited about ROR and Chandlyn deserves a huge bonus and an assistant for all that she does. ROR is really is one of the best resorts in Jamaica and a great value too.

#4 Spazz

Spazz
        • VIP Member
        • 10,482 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 09:50 PM

That's so great you got to see it before your wedding. I think the majority of us are going there sight unseen. It's good to hear such positive feedback...thank you!

#5 jmhein

jmhein
          • 665 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 09:52 PM

It really is a great place! That is so nice that everyone was so accomodating to you DaraIrene! Chandlyn is just the nicest, sweetest, and hardest working lady ever!
            ------------------------------------------------MARRIED at the Riu Ocho Rios - Feb 12, 2008 - Best day of our lives!Honeymooned at Sandals Whitehouse European Village - Feb 16-23

My Riu Ocho Rios Wedding Review with Pics

#6 JUSTUSTWO

JUSTUSTWO

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 12,193 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 09:56 PM

Dara, Thanks so much for sharing your pre-wedding experience! I'm glad that you have such positive things to say as all the past ROR brides have.

#7 crawford2B

crawford2B
              • 244 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 12:40 AM

How great that you were able to have that experience! Im glad you liked it! I can't wait!

#8 Yari

Yari
                • VIP Member
                • 10,928 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 12:48 AM

So happy you were pleased.

#9 DLyteful

DLyteful
                  • 879 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 01:04 AM

Thanks for the review. It makes me feel better and better whenever I get to read a good review.

#10 nancylou7

nancylou7
                    • 51 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 10:15 AM

That is great that you were able to visit the resort...and is is always good to hear the positive feedback

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users