Photo

Hey, I'm new

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 TeamUs

TeamUs
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 04:27 AM

Yes, that was a little on the dorky side. I was hoping just to get on here and be a voyeur, but apparently they will delete my account if I do that. Dang it! Anyways, allow me to inroduce myself, my name is Naomi. I will be getting married sometime in the middle of February 2008 (I'm thinking Valentine's Day, just have to confirm with the travel agent once I decide on a resort) in somewhere hot (Jamiaca?). Nothing has been decided upon yet as I don't want to take the honour away from my best friend who is getting married in June 2007. I am on here to hopefully learn about where to go and, more importantly, NOT to go for a destination wedding. I have decided after watching my best friend go through a ridiculous amount of planning that I am not that type of bride. I am not picky (except for my taste in men, LOL!!!!), just want someone else to do the footwork.

Congrats to you all, and I will be watching -- how creepy did that sound!?!
    Take care and talk to you soon.

#2 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 24,768 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 10:06 AM

Well, you're welcome to be as active or inactive as you feel comfortable on here. But I have to warn you - it's addicting! I've never belonged to a forum before, but once you start ... it's easy to get hooked! Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! There are some girls here getting married in Jamaica, some in the DR, Hawaii, mainland US (Napa!), and many in Mexico. Let us know if we can help you at all, or if you have any specific questions!

#3 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
      • 11,659 posts
      • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 05 January 2007 - 01:58 PM

welcome to the forum! there are so many grat places to get married. let us know what your specific wants are and maybe we can suggest some places!

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
      Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
      Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
      Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
      sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
      Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#4 Christine

Christine
      • VIP Member
      • 21,514 posts
      • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
      • Wedding Location:Napa, California
      • LocationReno, NV

Posted 05 January 2007 - 02:30 PM

welcome to the forum, I can help you with Jamaica or California if you have questions about those places let me know.
      Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#5 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 6,996 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 02:41 PM

Welcome to the forum! I'm a Cabo bride, and there's tons of info on here about many areas of Mexico. Let us know how we can help!

#6 KARLA

KARLA
        • 373 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 02:44 PM

Welcome!! You sound just like me when I first signed onto the forum!

I got hooked into the forum because I found that everybody was so helpful to each other. The more questions I had, the easier my planning went. So don't be shy, ask any questions you have and hopefully we can help you out!

#7 *JillD*

*JillD*
          • 5,112 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 03:11 PM

Welcome! I was the same way when I joined, but it becomes a sick addiction, hahaha!!

#8 mexico15

mexico15
            • 250 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 06:15 PM

Welcome and congrats! It won't be long until you fall in with the rest of us and are typing away all day long! :)

#9 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
              • 5,248 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 06:29 PM

Welcome! I totally understand your reservation in joining b/c I felt the same way. I am so not that bride so I felt like I had nothing to contribute and I would just annoy everyone on this forum. Turns out I was right (lol) but I found that the girls here are so nice and trust me you will become addicted and love it. Do you have any idea of what kind of wedding you want? If you give us some kind of an idea then we may be able to help you choose a location.

-Glenda

#10 andreslove

andreslove
                • 227 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 07:25 PM

Welcome to the forum! I wanted to just read first too, but you really get more out of it the more you put in. Nevertheless, there's so much info on here, you shouldn't have a problem finding things that will help with your planning. Have you narrowed your location search down? Let us know how we can help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users