Jump to content

Photo

The BDW Biggest Loser Club - Season 1


  • Please log in to reply
1109 replies to this topic

#711 cessyboston

cessyboston
  • VIP Member
  • 2,096 posts

    Posted 26 March 2008 - 03:05 PM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Nrvsbride
    Hi girls and congratulations to all those who lost. For those that didn't, like I say every Wednesday...today is a new day. Gotta leave the past behind and keep moving forward. I lost 5.6 pounds this week. I swear I have never felt so happy in my life. I guess my frosting incident didn't mess me up too bad. Here are some of the things I have changed which have helped me to lose some weight.

    B/c I can't bring my own lunch (I'm a lawyer and I spend all morning in court and my food would go bad if I brought it with me) I have to rely on outside food. Not the healthiest choice but I have no other. So I usually eat salad from the Pizzeria. Well they put a balsalmic vinagrette dressing on their salads. I used to order it on the side b/c they literally drench the salad in the dressing.

    Well one day I decided to ask how many calories were in their dressing. It turns out there is 120 calories per 2 tablespoons! OMG I almost passed out! No wonder I wasn't really losing much. So I went to the supermarket and bought my own fat free dressing that is 15 calories per 2 tablespoons and now I order the salad plain and put my own dressing. It helped me lose a lot of weight this week.

    Also instead of regular sushi rolls I eat brown rice ones now. I don't eat any white rice or white bread. Only brown rice and whole wheat bread. And I learned to portion my meals better. Protein the size of the palm of your hand and 1/2 a cup of cooked rice per meal. I try to eat starches only once a day.

    I exercise 5 times a week. 1 hour of cardio, no weights.

    so proud of you...miss glenda i am coming to new york april 7-8-9 we are going to redken on 5th ave to the school......if you have any favorite restaurants keep me posted..again sweetie congrats ....
    Married oct 10th 2008 ~ proud parents to Miss Sophia Emma feb 2, 2010

    #712 Kristy!

    Kristy!

      VIP Member

    • VIP Member
    • 6,368 posts

      Posted 26 March 2008 - 03:19 PM

      I love brown rice sushi. So yummy! Great job Glenda!

      I lost .8 this week. Woo hoo! It's a loss! I feel like I should've gained though, so I'll have to work extra hard this week to keep next week's numbers down.

      Keep working hard ladies!!

      #713 beachbride08

      beachbride08
      • VIP Member
      • 2,372 posts

        Posted 26 March 2008 - 04:33 PM

        I lost 3.5 pounds this week, and am so excited! I didn't think I was going to lose at all thanks to pigging out on Easter, but I did go for a run on Sunday and a couple walks during the week. Everyone is doing such a great job!
        Michelle

        #714 Saraha

        Saraha
        • Sr. Member
        • 2,597 posts

          Posted 26 March 2008 - 04:34 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by beachbride08
          I lost 3.5 pounds this week, and am so excited! I didn't think I was going to lose at all thanks to pigging out on Easter, but I did go for a run on Sunday and a couple walks during the week. Everyone is doing such a great job!
          YAYAYAYAY Awesome job! Keep it up!

          #715 angitalia23

          angitalia23
          • Sr. Member
          • 1,029 posts

            Posted 26 March 2008 - 05:20 PM

            Im not apart of the biggest loser Club, but I seriously want to give you all so much credit, everyone is doing a great job & your all a great inspiration to one another- keep it up!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            Anthony & Angela
            19 June 2008

            #716 Nrvsbride

            Nrvsbride
            • Sr. Member
            • 5,248 posts

              Posted 26 March 2008 - 05:24 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by froggie1013
              I love brown rice sushi. So yummy! Great job Glenda!

              I lost .8 this week. Woo hoo! It's a loss! I feel like I should've gained though, so I'll have to work extra hard this week to keep next week's numbers down.

              Keep working hard ladies!!
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by beachbride08
              I lost 3.5 pounds this week, and am so excited! I didn't think I was going to lose at all thanks to pigging out on Easter, but I did go for a run on Sunday and a couple walks during the week. Everyone is doing such a great job!
              Congrats girls this is awesome! I love hearing success stories!

              #717 Nrvsbride

              Nrvsbride
              • Sr. Member
              • 5,248 posts

                Posted 26 March 2008 - 05:26 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Saraha
                OMG I am so so proud of you.... You have done unbelieveable from day one and nothing has stopped you. Your a great inspirations for me, I couldnt imagaine losing that much weight in one week "the healthy way"..... Thanks for all the tips Im sure many of us will definetly put them to use....
                Keep up all the hard work, I get soooo excited to hear all these awesome Lbs that everyone is losing... and to hear you have never been happier!!! How exciting keep it up Glenda!!!!
                Thank you so much for your kind words. I want all of us to succeed. I think having a support group is def what has helped me. If Yari had never started this thread I never would have gotten my fat butt off the couch...so thank you Yari!

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by cessyboston
                so proud of you...miss glenda i am coming to new york april 7-8-9 we are going to redken on 5th ave to the school......if you have any favorite restaurants keep me posted..again sweetie congrats ....
                Thank you Erica. I am so proud of you too b/c you have been doing great! I don't think you want me to tell you restaurants b/c I only know the ones that are bad for you.

                #718 *JillD*

                *JillD*
                • Sr. Member
                • 5,112 posts

                  Posted 26 March 2008 - 06:37 PM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Alyssa
                  well girls - I am so upset about what i just saw on the scale ... according to the scale i GAINED 6.4 lbs
                  Well, I am not sure how it happened but I lost 1 pound. Ann, I sent you my pic.
                  Good job Yari!

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by cessyboston
                  hi girls my comp has been down so i have not been on... i stayed the same....but i fit into a pair of jeans that i have not been able too yuppie so i am going to work out a little more next week congrats girls....ann i am, sending my pic to you now....
                  That's so exciting!! I'm so proud of you! Keep it up

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Nrvsbride
                  Hi girls and congratulations to all those who lost. For those that didn't, like I say every Wednesday...today is a new day. Gotta leave the past behind and keep moving forward. I lost 5.6 pounds this week. I swear I have never felt so happy in my life. I guess my frosting incident didn't mess me up too bad. Here are some of the things I have changed which have helped me to lose some weight.

                  B/c I can't bring my own lunch (I'm a lawyer and I spend all morning in court and my food would go bad if I brought it with me) I have to rely on outside food. Not the healthiest choice but I have no other. So I usually eat salad from the Pizzeria. Well they put a balsalmic vinagrette dressing on their salads. I used to order it on the side b/c they literally drench the salad in the dressing.

                  Well one day I decided to ask how many calories were in their dressing. It turns out there is 120 calories per 2 tablespoons! OMG I almost passed out! No wonder I wasn't really losing much. So I went to the supermarket and bought my own fat free dressing that is 15 calories per 2 tablespoons and now I order the salad plain and put my own dressing. It helped me lose a lot of weight this week.

                  Also instead of regular sushi rolls I eat brown rice ones now. I don't eat any white rice or white bread. Only brown rice and whole wheat bread. And I learned to portion my meals better. Protein the size of the palm of your hand and 1/2 a cup of cooked rice per meal. I try to eat starches only once a day.

                  I exercise 5 times a week. 1 hour of cardio, no weights.
                  You know, when I talked to you this morning I was going to ask you what your secret is because you are doing SO GOOD!! I'm so proud of you too, that's such a great loss and you have to be starting to feel so much better! I've been really bad about exercising and I know I would have a bigger loss if I got my butt off the couch! Congratulations on your loss!

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by beachbride08
                  I lost 3.5 pounds this week, and am so excited! I didn't think I was going to lose at all thanks to pigging out on Easter, but I did go for a run on Sunday and a couple walks during the week. Everyone is doing such a great job!
                  Good Job! That's a great loss!



                  Congratulations to everyone on another great week! This is a new week so get yourselves back on track!

                  I lost 2 pounds this week, my pants have started to feel slightly looser, but I really want to have a good week this week, so I have to stay on track!

                  #719 Yari

                  Yari
                  • VIP Member
                  • 10,928 posts

                    Posted 26 March 2008 - 06:45 PM

                    Glenda - thank you so much for your tips, they are great!! I am glad this thread is able to motivate you and others.

                    Here's to a great week staying on track!!!!

                    #720 shelleyf

                    shelleyf
                    • Newbie
                    • 92 posts

                      Posted 26 March 2008 - 11:45 PM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Yari View Post
                      Well, I am not sure how it happened but I lost 1 pound. Ann, I sent you my pic.
                      Nice Work Yari!!!

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
                      well, i decided to investigate my scale b/c i just couldn't believe i could really gain that much and it turns out that it was not level - there was something under the right side. so i re-weighed myself (3 times to be sure) and i only gained about 1/2 lb! Whew - that is a relief compared to 6.4 although i never like gaining i am relieved. Ann - i am sending you over a new pic now :)
                      LOL Thank goodness! This just goes to show us that we really shouldnt trust that darn scale anyways!!!

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Nrvsbride View Post
                      Hi girls and congratulations to all those who lost. For those that didn't, like I say every Wednesday...today is a new day. Gotta leave the past behind and keep moving forward. I lost 5.6 pounds this week. I swear I have never felt so happy in my life. I guess my frosting incident didn't mess me up too bad. Here are some of the things I have changed which have helped me to lose some weight.

                      B/c I can't bring my own lunch (I'm a lawyer and I spend all morning in court and my food would go bad if I brought it with me) I have to rely on outside food. Not the healthiest choice but I have no other. So I usually eat salad from the Pizzeria. Well they put a balsalmic vinagrette dressing on their salads. I used to order it on the side b/c they literally drench the salad in the dressing.

                      Well one day I decided to ask how many calories were in their dressing. It turns out there is 120 calories per 2 tablespoons! OMG I almost passed out! No wonder I wasn't really losing much. So I went to the supermarket and bought my own fat free dressing that is 15 calories per 2 tablespoons and now I order the salad plain and put my own dressing. It helped me lose a lot of weight this week.

                      Also instead of regular sushi rolls I eat brown rice ones now. I don't eat any white rice or white bread. Only brown rice and whole wheat bread. And I learned to portion my meals better. Protein the size of the palm of your hand and 1/2 a cup of cooked rice per meal. I try to eat starches only once a day.

                      I exercise 5 times a week. 1 hour of cardio, no weights.
                      Holy Smokes! Way to go girl! And thanks for the tips!

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by froggie1013 View Post
                      I love brown rice sushi. So yummy! Great job Glenda!

                      I lost .8 this week. Woo hoo! It's a loss! I feel like I should've gained though, so I'll have to work extra hard this week to keep next week's numbers down.

                      Keep working hard ladies!!
                      0.8 - MEEE tooo!!! I thought it might be more because of the flu but nope!

                      CONGRATS TO EVERYONE in the contest so far. Whether its a big or a small loss it's still a loss! Keep it up!




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users