• Please log in to reply
1109 replies to this topic

#441 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 9,504 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 02:13 PM

Should we have a prize for the weekly winner? Not a monetary prize but a gift or Icon or something in the siggy?

#442 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 24,768 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 02:14 PM

well, I was thinking I was posting a % loss every Wed. after I got the weights in ... and that % loss would be calculated based on the previous weeks weight.

Example: If you started at 150 pounds (last Wed), then then tomorrow you give me a weight of 147, I will say you've lost 2% that week. But then next Wed. you give me a weight of 143 I'd post that you've lost 2.72% that week - based on the 147 to 143 change - NOT the 150 to 143 change (that would be like 4.67% change). Does that make sense? So if I don't record a weight for that week, what do I do? I will do this however you girls want, but right now my little spreadsheet is calculating the week to week loss, not overall loss. But that can easily be changed! Also, the final % loss (the one that will determine the winner) is based on your starting number compared to your ending number ... the week to week ones are really just to track progress I guess.

I guess I am looking for all sorts of feedback!

I do have everyone's weight from last week, but just didn't get some pictures.

#443 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
      • 5,248 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 02:16 PM

Ok I did not send my pic in (although I did give Ann my starting weight). Here is my deal. I don't have a computer at home and I can't upload pics at work. (They have a block) I told Ann I would send it to her every Sat. My soon to be in laws live close by so I can just use their computer. However they were gone this weekend. So my plan is to take a pic tomorrow and then send both of those on sat. Is that okay with everyone? I promise I'm not trying to break the rules. LOl. Shoot I even took pics of my fat arse in a sports bra to prove how bohemeth I am.

#444 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 24,768 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 02:22 PM

don't forget - you can also send pics from your cell phone if you have a camera! i think thta's what AmyH is doing.

#445 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
          • 5,248 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 02:37 PM

Ooh Ann you know what? I'm going to send you the pic tomorrow then. I'll send it to your cell phone. It won't be that clear but its better than nothing. LOl. Okay so I'll just send you cell phone pics instead then.

#446 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 24,768 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 02:39 PM

you should be able to send pics from your cell to an email address. if not, send it to my cell and we can work that way! be sure to also type in the weight if it isn't clear - some of the pics aren't 100% clear.

#447 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
              • 5,248 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 02:40 PM

I will type in the weight so that its clear.

#448 Saraha

Saraha
                • 2,597 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 02:42 PM

I dont Care either way, I guess it will depend it people want to know where they are through out the 8 weeks or if they just wanna know a week by week basis. I perosnally would kinda like to know the totals. I think it would be kinda cool to know where I stand against everyone every week and my total weight lost. Thats just me though, if you guys wanna do it the other way Im all for it too.

#449 Kristy!

Kristy!

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 6,368 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 03:03 PM

Ann, I like the way you plan on calculating the weight loss. That's what I was thinking as well.

As for the pics, I'm not that concerned about them. Now if someone is losing 5 pounds a week and not sending pics, then we have a problem!

I also like the idea of a little icon or something for that week's winner. I think we can use all the motivation we can get!

#450 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 24,768 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 03:09 PM

ok, how about thsi - I will post both the weekly change (compare current week to last week) as well as the overall loss. yay - best of both worlds!

and then the winner will be determined by the starting weight vs. end weight.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users