The BDW Biggest Loser Club - Season 1

Yari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nrvsbride View Post
Ok Kash here is my advice. With regards to the italian restaurant I would order a salad with dressing on the side. Try to get something less fattening like oil & vinegar. Do not get a cesar salad or salads with add ons like grilled chicken and stuff. Drink lot of water, avoid the bread and chomp on that mixed green salad. Then order a fish meal like grilled salmon. They almost always have a fish dish. Oh wait, never mind I just remebered you are a vegetarian. Hmmm this can be tough.

Okay then can you get a big salad as your main meal? And order a side order of steamed veggies? Like a big side order? I'm sure they will do this for you, italian restaurants are very accomodating.
Great advice Glenda! I'm actually only a pseudo-vegetarian (Read as: FAKE! wink.gif) . I DO eat seafood and that is great advice - I will look for a fish dish. Even with "healthy" pasta I find it hard to stop at the right portion - but I mean how much grilled fish can you really eat? And even if you DID eat a ton - it's not even bad for you! Thanks Ms.I-Did-A-Fantastic-Job-This-Week! I am SO proud of you! smile29.gif

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay these are some of my random thoughts:

I saw the following things in the supermarket last night:

100 calorie packs snacks like Gold Fish, oreos, different types of cookies, etc. I also saw 100 calorie chocolate pudding.

I also saw 2 point ice cream from WW. The ice cream sandwhiches and mint chocolate chip sundaes.

The Baked Lays potatoe chips and cheese doodles are 120 calories for 10 pieces.

Most of this is not healthy but this is for those of you that absolutely cannot give up junk food. At least if your going to eat it, get something a little less calorie packed.

*A lot of people eat apple slices with peanut butter. But you have to be careful b/c peanut butter is almost 100 calories per table spoon. I think it's better to eat the apple (a small one is only 40 calories) and then have something like a Jello cup that is 10 calories.

I bought the WW Smart Ones frozen dinners. They are all 140-300 calories tops. I noticed that the Lean Cuisines are like 400 calories a piece! I am not doing WW but for those of you that are, their meals are really good and they are very low in calorie intake.

I love sandwhiches. The one I eat the most is a turkey sandwhich for lunch. It contains the following:

2 slices of whole wheat bread: 80 calories per slice

an ounce of 99% fat free turkey: 50 calories

1 slice of fat free american cheese: 30 calories

sliced lettuce and tomato: about 30 calories

grand total: 270 calories!

and again if you add something like a sugar free jello snack it is only 10 more calories.

a great breakfast to go is danon light n' fit yogurts which only have 60 calories.

Kash- Can you find a buddy, one of your friends going with you and agree to split an entree? If you start with a salad and or have any appetizers you probably won't need your whole meal. You could also ask for a box when your entree is delivered and put half of it away before you start eating.

I take 1 Fiber One capsule about a half hour or so before I go out. It fills me up and helps absorb the food. If you only take 1 it should effect your system! You might want to try this at home first though...

With Italian you can look for roasted veggies, a pasta with marinara or pomodoro sauce, or a really thin crust veggie pizza--ask them to go light on the cheese!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnR View Post
the pictures are slowly coming in ... I have about half of them so far. I am just so excited to see all of these results, I feel like I am a part of the real show!
I just emailed you my pic.

I only lost .8 of a pound, but at least I lost something right? I did not do my best, but I will step it for this week. Wish me luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jilly76 View Post
Glenda I'm so proud of you!! You didn't think you were doing well and look at the big loss you had, that's fantastic!

Okay, don't be mad at me and don't forget I have more to lose than the majority of you do, but I lost 10 pounds. I emailed my picture off to Ann this afternoon.

I'm sure the majority of that is water and all the crap I ate the week before we started. I did start a new job last week too where I'm constantly standing, walking, lifting, etc... and worked out 4 times, I think. I also stuck to my WW points like never before. I had no alcohol and didn't go over on points.

I wish I could lose this much every week! I just hope that next week I don't end up gaining some of this 10 back, if its mostly water, kwim?

Everyone is doing a great job, stick with it and we will all see results.
so proud of you....wow..wow..wow congrats...