Photo

Barefoot sandals dilemna

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#41 monicaswave

monicaswave
  • 450 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 05:46 PM

I'm so glad I ran into this thread. I told my BMs I would be getting them barefoot sandals and didn't even realize they had a steep price to them. I will def. be making my own.

#42 Cali

Cali
    • 281 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 09:17 AM

Hello everyone,

This might be a stupid question, Is everyone making two barefoot sandals for both feet or just one for one foot? I saw a pic that only featured one sandal...

#43 Agape Gems

Agape Gems
      • 1,260 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 10:01 AM

I think you could do one anklet, but if you do sandals you need 2.
        See our professional weddings photos http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t21339

#44 alex

alex
        • 1,139 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 01:37 PM

Okay, so here's my latest attempt at barefoot sandals...
          NO Corona involved this time! lol

Click the image to open in full size.

This was just a half-assed trial since I bought all my supplies (other than the wire) at the Dollarama just to try it out before I buy any quality things from Michaels. They didn't turn out too bad if I do say so myself. The anklet wouldnj't be worn that high, I just wanted to show that it was seperate from the rest of the barefoot sandals. I haven't bothered to make a 2nd one because this is just a practice run to give me more experience before I actually make any "good" ones!

Thanks sooooo much to Courtney (Agape Gems/Twevle_piece) for giving me a list of the things I need to make a proper pair! Michaels is having their grand opening sale here in town so I'm going to buy some pretty beads so I can try again! Thanks again!! :)

PS - Please don't mind my hideous feet in the pic.. they're usually really quite cute little feet, but for some reason they look monstrous & ugly today!

#45 Davematthews16

Davematthews16
          • Banned
          • 1,051 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 02:29 PM

GREAT INFO! THANKS EVERYONE!! I'm going to attempt to make mine soon. hehe will post when they're done!

#46 Agape Gems

Agape Gems
            • 1,260 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 11:15 PM

Hey good job!!! I like the idea of having a separate anklet too. That way your BMs can still wear the anklet if they decide to put real shoes on later.
              See our professional weddings photos http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t21339

#47 amyrak

amyrak
              • 469 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 02:42 PM

Hmmm..those beaded foot jewelry look really cute. I may have to try to make a pair myself :)

#48 Davematthews16

Davematthews16
                • Banned
                • 1,051 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 12:44 AM

My DIY barefoot sandals :)

http://www.boandandr....refoot-sandals

#49 Davematthews16

Davematthews16
                  • Banned
                  • 1,051 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 12:46 AM

Oh yeah, BTW, I got all the materials at Michaels for about $15.00 and I have a bunch left over for my Brides maides. I am going to make theirs match their dresses and just add a few colored beads :)

#50 Kristy!

Kristy!

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 6,368 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 01:41 PM

Those look great, Alex! I can't wait to see the "good" ones.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users