• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#31 Cali

Cali
  • 281 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 08:23 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by twelve_piece
    These are some that I made, I found it's easier to make them with wire and chain than stringing so many little beads:

Click the image to open in full size.

thx for sharing....
    Is there anyway u can explain step by step on how to use the wire and chain for the sandals..i'm not that crafty so i need step by step instruction..please thx

your sandals r so cute...

#32 Agape Gems

Agape Gems
    • 1,260 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 10:47 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by vtello
      thx for sharing....
      Is there anyway u can explain step by step on how to use the wire and chain for the sandals..i'm not that crafty so i need step by step instruction..please thx

your sandals r so cute...
      Thanks!
      I'm not good at giving directions, but if you click this link you can get a free video tutorial that will show you step by step how to make basic wire loops which is the technique I used for the ones in the first picture. All you need is the wire and 2 sets of pliers- one round nose and one cutter, and the beads of your choice. You can get this stuff at any craft store. I personally like Hobby Lobby b/c they are always cheaper than Michael's. The ones I made for my BMs were made with mother of pearl shells and I just used base metal instead of sterling silver or sterling plated b/c its waaaaay cheaper.

Beaducation: Class Detail for FREE: Basic Loops

Let me know if you have questions! And post a pic of what you make!!
      See our professional weddings photos http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t21339

#33 Cali

Cali
      • 281 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 06:55 PM

You r the best

thx

#34 JennyK

JennyK
        • 3,502 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 10:55 AM

I'm going to try to make them on my own.. if I succeed without any problems I'll make extras for the BDW girls

#35 T&N

T&N
          • 141 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 11:25 AM

Hey Alex, how did the 2nd attempt @ making barefoot sandals go? anything like the 1st

#36 Kristy!

Kristy!

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 6,368 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 08:58 AM

So any luck with trying out the barefoot sandals again? Or did you just finish off the Coronas and call it a night?

#37 FYB87

FYB87
              • 976 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 01:14 PM

I'm so glad I saw this thread. I totally love this idea. Not getting married any time soon. But, I think I will try this this week-end. I can wear them to the pool!!

#38 alex

alex
                • 1,139 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 02:00 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by T&N
                  Hey Alex, how did the 2nd attempt @ making barefoot sandals go? anything like the 1st
                  So any luck with trying out the barefoot sandals again? Or did you just finish off the Coronas and call it a night?
                  Yeah, I polished off the 6-pack of Corona before I even had a chance to try again! LOL But I'm hitting up Michaels this weekend (our store is FINALLY opening on Sunday!! YAY!!) to get some wire so I can try again soon!
                  I'm so glad I don't have a wedding coming up or I'd be losing my mind! I'm just trying to make them now since I have so much spare time on my hands! I'll keep you guys posted on the success (or lack of!) of my next attempt!

#39 cancunbride

cancunbride
                  • 531 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 04:10 PM

Well here I go with my weird input once again but have you thought about wearing these instead of sandals since it is on the sand? I think it would look gorgeous, and they are inexpensive also...

#40 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
                    • VIP Member
                    • 18,452 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 04:59 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Agape Gems
                      These are some that I made, I found it's easier to make them with wire and chain than stringing so many little beads:

I bought mine on ebay but could never find any i liked for my bms and finally i saw agape's. I just talked to agape (formerly twelve piece) yesterday and am placing an order for two for my bms. She's really easy to deal with. I can't wait to see what she comes up with for mine. for anyone not interested in doing them theirselves i think you should definately pm agape for some info.
                      ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
                      Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
                      Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users