Photo

Barefoot sandals dilemna

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#21 babycow

babycow
  • 367 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 03:49 PM

Corina- they turned out great! I bought supplies this weekend but have not even begun to attempt this.
    http://i206.photobuc....DERICA_242.jpg
    Erica and Tim
    Dreams Tulum
    Mexico
    May 17, 2008

#22 alex

alex
    • 1,139 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 06:57 PM

I'm reviving this thread because I am bored out of my mind!!! (currently unemployed) so I am going to get the supplies I need & try to make some of these bad boys!!

#23 deleishus

deleishus
      • 43 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 02:10 AM

I just received mine. I found this lady on ebay who does custom foot jewelry. She was so good to work with. Each pair was $30, which is a little cheaper than what I was finding. Her name is Pamelia and her website is Beaded Foot Jewelry | designed & beaded by Pamelia. I'd post pics but I don't know how.

#24 Jen_S

Jen_S
        • 3,737 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 10:45 AM

thanks i never thought to make my own. planning a wedding is bringing out the crafty person in me!
          Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

#25 alex

alex
          • 1,139 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 08:53 PM

I'm bored so I bought a 6-pack of Corona & all the beading pupplies & I am about to attempt a pair of barefoot sandals... wish me luck!!!

#26 stefnicole

stefnicole
            • 544 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 08:57 PM

Good luck! Corona should make it interesting!

#27 alex

alex
              • 1,139 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 10:20 PM

Okay so I only had 1 Corona in the last 2 hours & I've mangled 2 barefoot sandals already! LOL The first one I started was like the one from the other forum, but I really didn't like the shape it was taking (I think the wire was too thin & didn't hold shape very well) so I stopped right before I actually finished it. Then I started making a simple one with 2 strands going up to the ankle & having a shell flower attached before the anklet part & I was attaching the 2nd part of the clasp when I was talking to Mat on the phone (he called from work - nightshift_) & I DROPPED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Every bead but 3 fell off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                AGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Needless to say I packed up the supplies & cracked my 2nd, well-deserved Corona!! I'll try these again tomorrow night because he's nightshft again, but I'll tell him not to call this time!

#28 Agape Gems

Agape Gems
                • 1,260 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 10:59 PM

These are some that I made, I found it's easier to make them with wire and chain than stringing so many little beads:

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.
                  See our professional weddings photos http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t21339

#29 alex

alex
                  • 1,139 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 11:20 PM

Those are gorgeous!
                    Note to self: get wire tomorrow!
                    2nd note to self: lay-off on the Coronas

#30 Agape Gems

Agape Gems
                    • 1,260 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 12:01 AM

20 gauge wire works best b/c its thick enough to hold its shape but still pretty easy to work with. And a Corona never hurts in the design process!
                      See our professional weddings photos http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t21339

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users