Tambourines?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 foxytv

foxytv
  • VIP Member
  • 7,740 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 12:43 PM

FI and I were trying to think of something fun to put at each guests place for the reception.

We were at a friends house Sunday night and he took out his tambourine -- and we thought that would be a great idea.

Mini tambourines that have a tag atatched reading something like ...

"Forget about tapping your glass
    We've got even more class.
    If you want to see us kiss ...
    just SHAKE THIS!!!"

These are the ones I've found for the least amount of money -- but they won't match any of our wedding colors (not that we really have a whole lot in the way of coordinating accent colors for the reception anyway).

Click the image to open in full size.

Then they could use them whiel dancing or whatever (I'm sure it will be interesting once the drinks are flowing!)

Just wanting some feedback.

I know a lot of ladies have done the maracas, which makes sense in Mexico ... but I was thinkingit might not fit in the DR as well ... so if we were going to do something that didn't fit -- what better than friggin' tambourines? lol

#2 lucy106

lucy106
    • 2,880 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 12:45 PM

Love your saying! That is very fun and original!! Great idea!

#3 foxytv

foxytv
      • VIP Member
      • 7,740 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 01:35 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by lucy106
        Love your saying! That is very fun and original!! Great idea!
        Thanks! We came up with it together. I think I'll get a "kiss" lip imprint to stamp on each tag. lol

#4 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 9,504 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 01:45 PM

The kissy stamp is a great idea! I did a wedding once where each guest got some type of instrument--tamborines, maracas, kazoos, etc. It was fun!

#5 Jenn3878

Jenn3878
          • 5,681 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 01:52 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by foxytv
            FI and I were trying to think of something fun to put at each guests place for the reception.

We were at a friends house Sunday night and he took out his tambourine -- and we thought that would be a great idea.

Mini tambourines that have a tag atatched reading something like ...

"Forget about tapping your glass
            We've got even more class.
            If you want to see us kiss ...
            just SHAKE THIS!!!"

These are the ones I've found for the least amount of money -- but they won't match any of our wedding colors (not that we really have a whole lot in the way of coordinating accent colors for the reception anyway).

Click the image to open in full size.

Then they could use them whiel dancing or whatever (I'm sure it will be interesting once the drinks are flowing!)

Just wanting some feedback.

I know a lot of ladies have done the maracas, which makes sense in Mexico ... but I was thinkingit might not fit in the DR as well ... so if we were going to do something that didn't fit -- what better than friggin' tambourines? lol

Great idea Tami! Love the saying too :)

#6 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
            • 26,161 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 02:09 PM

Omg Tami you have to do the tambourines! They are too cute and I've never seen anyone use them so that's even more special. If I were at your wedding you know I would be dancing around banging mine everywhere...haha Go for it!!

#7 flygirl

flygirl
              • 263 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 04:36 PM

what about using maracas? Oriental trading has them for about $1 a piece. Or they have blank ones that you could customize (24 for $9.95) Your cute saying would still work!

#8 neen

neen
                • 633 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 04:44 PM

this is the cutest idea! we were thinking of doing marachas or jingle bells on a stick (I'm sure its got a name, but i don't know it!) but i never thought of putting a tag on it with a little saying...i may have to "borrow" this idea for wedding next year!

#9 foxytv

foxytv
                  • VIP Member
                  • 7,740 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 08:09 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by flygirl
                    what about using maracas? Oriental trading has them for about $1 a piece. Or they have blank ones that you could customize (24 for $9.95) Your cute saying would still work!
                    I like the maracas, but it's so "Mexico" that I think I want to do something else. The tambourines I found are under $1 each, so they are even more affordable ... and I can use sticker monograms to put on the skin (if I have time...).

#10 foxytv

foxytv
                    • VIP Member
                    • 7,740 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 08:12 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by starchild
                      Omg Tami you have to do the tambourines! They are too cute and I've never seen anyone use them so that's even more special. If I were at your wedding you know I would be dancing around banging mine everywhere...haha Go for it!!
                      hahaha ... well bring it on, sista! Would love to see you there! :-) I think I've sold myself on the tambourines too! I was thinking about mixing it up w/ maracas, tambourines and rain sticks ... but keeping it simple will be easier, which is what I need right now!
                      this is the cutest idea! we were thinking of doing marachas or jingle bells on a stick (I'm sure its got a name, but i don't know it!) but i never thought of putting a tag on it with a little saying...i may have to "borrow" this idea for wedding next year!
                      Borrow away!

Also, there are "design your own" ocean drums that I found (similar to rain sticks) and if I had time, I would TOTALLY do those b/c they are called "ocean" drums ... hence the DW connection ... but I have zero free weekends between now and then so I think I have to stick with tambourines. I think they are cute too though and since it was my and FH idea ... that makes it even better! lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users