Sign in to follow this  
TammyWright

Riu

Quote:
Originally Posted by KARALANE View Post
thanks ladies! Can anyone list the extra add-ons for the RUI? I don't have enough points to open it. Is everyone here getting married at the "old" Rui? TIA :)
I will be gettinb married at the "old" RIU - only becuase the new one doesn't open until Winter 2007. My understanding is that the new one with be a "Hotel" class, and the old one is the "Palace" - meaning from what I can tell - if you stay at the Palace, you can use the ammendities at the Hotel, but not the other way around....

Quote:
Originally Posted by KARLA View Post
I'm procastinating my trip to the gym today (I'm still going... just not wanting to.... again!) so I was doing google searches to get must take pic ideas. I ran into this slideshow of a RIU wedding. I'm hoping that posting somebody else's link is not rude, but I know how exciting it is to see site pics of where you are getting married, so I wanted to share what I found. embarrest.gif

http://www.bostonimages.com/2006/082...ron/venue.html
Those pictures were breathtaking.
Thanks
Jackie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tob1kanobe View Post
I have been emailing Riu and can't seem to get a response for dates they still have available for October/ November 2007...arrghhh!

Hi Toby!
I had the exact same problem and I totally understand your frustration. You should try calling them? Do you have their number? Let me know if you need it and I will look for it.

Do you have a specific date in mind? When I reserved my wedding for October, 2007 I don't think there were dates available for the weekends. I didn't want a weekend so I was ok with that.

Let me know if I can help.

Aimee.

thanks for the help - i called the number that was listed earlier on the site but they asked me to call back in half an hour - I will try again then. I just want to secure a date, my photographer and order my dress...lol...those are the pressing things that have to be done apparently now - keep reading other girls posts who are so far ahead of the game than me and it makes me panic-y...lol...

don't worry toby, I'm getting married in October and so far all I have is a place and a photographer, hopefully soon I'll have a dress if I can ever make up my damn mind!

I don't have much planned as well. I have my date reserved, my reception place reserved and that's it! Wait, I lied. I also have my dress!

The next thing on my list is to find a photographer but I can't seem to find one. I would like to use Juan but I don't think he fits into my budget and I'm sure he's already booked.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

I have been trying to get information out of the Riu for almost a month now. Do you have the 2007 price guide that you could send me? I am looking at an October wedding. How much is it for a ceremony/cocktail hour and reception? I am trying to decide between the Riu and Dreams and I am leaning toward Dreams because the Riu is not sending me what I need. They keep referring me to the website which does not give me prices. I finally received pictures from them of ceremy and reception setups but no prices. Also did they allow you to block rooms for your guests and if so how much was it to reserve the rooms and what was the group rate that was given to you? Help if you can:) Lisa

smile159.gif In case you all didnt know, I am a total control freak and am desperate for any and all info - I have been contacting girls on tripadvisor etc who have been married at Riu Cabo for their info etc - here is one response I just received.

All in all, I thought the RIU was great for the money I paid. Veronica (the wedding coordinator) was a little flighty and hard to contact (even while staying there), but she got the job done and my wedding turned out great. We did have our reception at the Mexican Restaurant (I really liked the food there). The only thing I didn't like about it was the way the restaurant is situated. The area that you sit in is long and somewhat narrow, so it was like we were sitting at one long table and not able to socialize well with everyone. Plus, the dance floor is at one end and around the corner so when we did our first dance, people had to get up and walk over to see it. Oh - and it was sweltering hot and Veronica was no where to be found and we couldn't get them to raise the sun shade to let a breeze in. Honestly though, I don't think you could have the reception at any other restaurant there because all the other restaurants are small. The actual ceremony was perfect - except for the fact that my mariachi's were 20 minutes late. But..... I'm married and had the most amazing time. We loved staying at the RIU. It was perfect for us and all of our crazy guests b/c it's all inclusive so we were able to eat & drink whatever and whenever we wanted. Plus, they have a swim up bar which is pretty much where we all (60 of us) migrated. :)