Photo

Plus size wedding dresses

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 abileneway

abileneway
  • 58 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 11:02 PM

Okay ladies...here we go...I'm at a loss. Trying to decide what is the best dress for a plus size lady. I'm a size 16 and haven't tried on a dress yet (going this weekend to start looking). I don't even know where to start. So I was thinking...if maybe some of you wonderful ladies could show me the dresses you got and how they fit it would help to at least have a starting point.

#2 MelissaH

MelissaH
    • 1,724 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 11:14 PM

It's not a great picture, but here is how mine fit me. It's by Venus Bridal I think.

Click the image to open in full size.

This was it on the model.

#3 shellb

shellb
      • 533 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 11:16 PM

What about something with ruching at the top part...it hides wonders.

Alfred Angelo Style 1640W

#4 Yari

Yari
        • VIP Member
        • 10,928 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 11:22 PM

I was worried before I went too!

I wear a size 16 right now as well and there were tons of choices. In fact I tried on 26 dresses.

Here is the dress I fell in love with and bought!

#5 Dbld78

Dbld78
          • Banned
          • 665 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 11:28 PM

i had a really hard time too....i couldn't get them over my chest! it was very upsetting, i actually bought my dress and really didn't get to try it on! everything is made for a street size of 8, they say size 16 but they're really a size 6! in all my dress shopping i only tried on 1 dress!

we're here to support you! i ended up reading about what style dresses would fit my body type and i found a great bridal shop that helped me tremdously. you can do it, we'll help!

#6 Betsy

Betsy

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 4,513 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 11:48 PM

My advice is try lots of styles on! Dresses look completely different on the hanger than they do when you put them on yourself!

And you ladies all look BEAUTIFUL in those dresses!

#7 Jenn3878

Jenn3878
              • 5,681 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 12:15 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Dbld78
                i had a really hard time too....i couldn't get them over my chest! it was very upsetting, i actually bought my dress and really didn't get to try it on! everything is made for a street size of 8, they say size 16 but they're really a size 6! in all my dress shopping i only tried on 1 dress!

we're here to support you! i ended up reading about what style dresses would fit my body type and i found a great bridal shop that helped me tremdously. you can do it, we'll help!

WOW that is BEAUTIFUL! Who is the designer! That is exactly what I think I am looking for!!!!!

#8 Dbld78

Dbld78
                • Banned
                • 665 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 12:39 AM

it is the private label for the bridal shop so unfortunately i can't give a desginer name. but i have seen similar dresses to it at other shops. i know that watters brides has a similar one and i believe it a great price too.

but i can give you the details so you know what to look for, it's alencon lace, simple a-line. i did a lot of research on what would look good with my large breasted apple shaped short frame and it kept coming back to a v-neck which i love! i can't pull off a strapless i need the support.

have you seen any dresses that you just can't get out of you head yet?

#9 LadyP

LadyP
                  • 3,156 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 12:46 AM

It is your day. Get what you want to wear. Try David's Bridal or on line wedding shops and just get some ideas for what you are looking for and then go try in on

#10 abileneway

abileneway
                    • 58 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 08:58 AM

Thanks ladies! You all are wonderful! Puts me at ease to know I'm not the only one who is a little nervous about this first wedding dress shopping trip!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users