Back from my wedding at the Barcelo Maya

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#61 Davematthews16

Davematthews16
  • Banned
  • 1,051 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 05:39 PM

I have a question for you: I'm not saying this to be rude at all, I'm just curious. Did the person who conducted your ceremony speak clear english? We're getting "legally married" in the states and are having a beautiful symbolic ceremony, and the last thing I want is for people to not be able to understand him/her. Also, do you just hand them your ceremony and say "here ya go" or do you send it to them before-hand so they can read it? I mean you wouldn't give a speech to 100 people if you had NEVER looked at the material right? (i hope) THANKS :)

#62 morenaindc

morenaindc
    • 221 posts

Posted 15 June 2008 - 09:40 AM

Hey everyone. I just received notice that my WC, Ana, is no longer with the Barcelo Maya. Claudia is the person who I will be working with going forward. Does anyone have experience with her? Please share your thoughts.

#63 MagsieMexico

MagsieMexico
      • 420 posts

Posted 15 June 2008 - 03:55 PM

For the ceremony, we actually had a friend do it for us, so we didn't have the people that work there do it, so I can't comment.

As for the fact that it was a symbolic ceremony, I didn't tell anyone that either, so everyone thought it was the legal wedding, and nobody knew!!

And just to reiterate what I said on the other thread, I think you'll be fine with Claudia instead of Ana...
        Margaret & Eric

#64 heather007

heather007
        • 620 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 11:54 AM

Andrea,
          I don't think that you have too much to worry about. They perform so many weddings at the Barcelo. Besides, doesn't the WC translate the officiant?

On a side note, how can I convince my fiance that I want a symbolic ceremony?

~~

#65 Davematthews16

Davematthews16
          • Banned
          • 1,051 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 09:25 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Heather007
            Andrea,
            I don't think that you have too much to worry about. They perform so many weddings at the Barcelo. Besides, doesn't the WC translate the officiant?

On a side note, how can I convince my fiance that I want a symbolic ceremony?

~~
            Symbolic meaning: Getting legally married in your city, and have the ceremony in Mexico right? Tell him it will be less hassle this way, and that you don't want to have a bruise on your arm for where they draw blood? LOL it could work...hehe

#66 MagsieMexico

MagsieMexico
            • 420 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 02:51 AM

Another bargaining chip, it's cheaper... You will spend 300? I think dollars on the ceremony in Mexico, PLUS, show him some of the threads on this forum talking about how they spent days at the Mexican consulate after getting back trying to get the paperwork over to prove they are married in America.

There are plenty of examples of how annoying this is on this forum!!
              Margaret & Eric

#67 foxfirejg

foxfirejg
              • Banned
              • 24 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 01:45 AM

I'm really looking at one of the Barcelo resorts, and I your pictures and review have definitely moved it up to the top for me. I was just wondering if it was difficult to get an outside photographer in? I was planning on using a local photographer (but not theirs), but now I'm thinking about flying someone in, and I'm concerned about them not being allowed to do photography (though honestly, if I'm paying for them to stay 3 nights, they aught to be able to do whatever the heck they want!!).

#68 chonee

chonee
                • 66 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 01:22 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by foxfirejg
                  I'm really looking at one of the Barcelo resorts, and I your pictures and review have definitely moved it up to the top for me. I was just wondering if it was difficult to get an outside photographer in? I was planning on using a local photographer (but not theirs), but now I'm thinking about flying someone in, and I'm concerned about them not being allowed to do photography (though honestly, if I'm paying for them to stay 3 nights, they aught to be able to do whatever the heck they want!!).
                  I'm getting married at the Barcelo in December 2008 and made sure I understood their photographer policy fully before I booked them. You are allowed to bring in an outside photographer so long as the photographer is staying at the resort or you purchase them a day pass.

#69 MagsieMexico

MagsieMexico
                  • 420 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 06:02 AM

Yup, I can confirm, I had an outside photographer come in and it was absolutely fine, no issues at all.
                    Margaret & Eric

#70 Philly_Bride

Philly_Bride
                    • 95 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 12:07 PM

I brought my photographer with me and he stayed at the resort as well.
                      No problems at all!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users