Photo

I am so heartbroken..

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#11 Jenn3878

Jenn3878
  • 5,681 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 07:09 PM

I am so sorry this happened! I hope everything works out ok. Do you have a friend that could take the pics for you? I wish I could come and do it but I won't be in town

#12 FinallyMrsBeckermann

FinallyMrsBeckermann
    • 161 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 11:51 AM

Well, after my Aunt put me through all of the heartbreak about not coming, she e-mailed me agian yesterday and said they were for sure coming. That was a HUGE relief for me because I was so upset thinking the only person I am really close to in the family wasn't going to be there.
      Now the big challenge is the fact that I will have 2 more adults and 3 children staying in our very small house for the weekend... This weekend is going to be spent doing so serious cleaning and decluttering so I can fit them in the house!!

#13 lscilley

lscilley
      • 1,466 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 11:59 AM

I'm sorry to hear that hopefully she will change her mind.

#14 JODEY

JODEY
        • 344 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 12:10 PM

Great news ! I'm so pleased you have it sorted now ! Does this mean she can take your photos ? By the way whats AHR ?

#15 nenamono

nenamono
          • 282 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 12:11 PM

Im so glad to hear the good news and that she changed her mind.
            You will find room in your house its worth it.

#16 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 9,504 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 12:14 PM

I'm so sorry you are going through this. We're in sort of a similar situation. Most of FI's family isn't coming, not because of money but because they have "better things to do!" It really makes you feel like crap! I wish I had some better advice, but know that BDW hearts you!

#17 Saraha

Saraha
              • 2,597 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 12:22 PM

Im sorry, thats such a bummer. Have you tried talking to her and letting her know how you feel? Or do you not think that would make a difference?

#18 stei0419

stei0419
                • 63 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 01:02 PM

Oh yay, that's great! I'm glad she changed her mind!

JODEY- AHR= at home reception

#19 JODEY

JODEY
                  • 344 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 01:29 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by stei0419
                    Oh yay, that's great! I'm glad she changed her mind!

JODEY- AHR= at home reception
                    Arrr I see, thank you : - )

#20 BarefootBride

BarefootBride
                    • 1,266 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 12:07 AM

I am very sorry to hear this. I am not close to my parents or brother either but my Grandma who I was very close with died last summer and my aunts (and uncles I got 11 of them in all) are either too broke to come or are trying to come but honestly they cant afford it. None of my family threw me a party when I went home for xmas and as far as I know no one is willing to do something for me after I am married. Knowing that i live in another country and spend about 1200.00 to visit Houston each year (sometimes I fly there TWICE a year) and then I end up spending about 1000.00 plus on a rental car and hotel and all the other expenses.... no one has planned to do anything for me.
                      My biological mother - the one that gave me up for adoption and her family actually put a shower together in a few days during the xmas holiday but my family that I knew all of my life and love so much did squat. Strange huh? At my wedding so far, no one on my side will be there to represent me. My aunt and cousin are trying to make it but its best to expect them not to make it or I will be crushed. ( My biological mother's family were considering putting all their money together to send one person ... how sweet... I told them not to worry... honestly I want MY FAMILY there because I dont feel close to my biological family)
                      Family is truly important to me but all of my life they have let me down. I see myself getting married and starting a family and raising them to be supportive and loving of each other....
                      So I know how you must feel. I feel pretty sad for you too. Just hang in there. You have your husband... and thats all that matters!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users