Photo

Ror Wc

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#11 hulahooty

hulahooty
  • 34 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 04:48 PM

I sent her an email a week and a half ago and she still has not back to me. I am trying to reserve the plantation as I was reading that you should do that ASAP...I guess she is just really busy

#12 Olivia

Olivia
    • 10 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 09:23 PM

I haven't received any emails back from her either. I sent one about three weeks ago and never received a response, so I sent it again the next week, still no answer by the begining of this week, so I sent another email and guess what still no response. My wedding is in 23 days, so i have a little bit more time to get a response, but its still not acceptable for her to take this long to get back to us. For answers to my questions I have for the most part been able to find the answers here on this forum, but now I need her assistance and can't seem to get it.

#13 march1508

march1508
      • 117 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 09:41 PM

i also emailed her last week..and i leave for my wedding in a week and a half.. im hoping to hear back from her soon, i havent even arranged a time to meet with her yet..

im am gonna assume that she is very busy..
        and hope that i hear from her soon..

i honestly think that she needs help..the resort is becoming very popular for its weddings and they honestly need more than 1 wedding coordinator...

#14 jmhein

jmhein
        • 665 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 09:53 PM

I think Feb is extremely busy for her for weddings, she had at least 2 and sometimes 5 every day we were there. I heard someone say she works 12 hour days, 6 days a week! She really does need an assistant! But she is very nice and very competent, she will get back to you!
          ------------------------------------------------MARRIED at the Riu Ocho Rios - Feb 12, 2008 - Best day of our lives!Honeymooned at Sandals Whitehouse European Village - Feb 16-23

My Riu Ocho Rios Wedding Review with Pics

#15 Heidi

Heidi
          • 2,642 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 09:59 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by jmhein
            I think Feb is extremely busy for her for weddings, she had at least 2 and sometimes 5 every day we were there. I heard someone say she works 12 hour days, 6 days a week! She really does need an assistant! But she is very nice and very competent, she will get back to you!
            I thought Riu did a max of 3 weddings a day?
            Married April 4, 2008 at the Riu Ocho Rios!

#16 jmhein

jmhein
            • 665 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 11:20 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Heidi
              I thought Riu did a max of 3 weddings a day?
              I think on Valentine's Day they had at least 4, and I heard 5 somewhere... I think Valentine's Day being a high-demand date maybe they made some exceptions??

But no worries, the resort is so big that we didnt even notice a lot of other weddings. I only saw two other brides all dressed up the entire week I was there....
              ------------------------------------------------MARRIED at the Riu Ocho Rios - Feb 12, 2008 - Best day of our lives!Honeymooned at Sandals Whitehouse European Village - Feb 16-23

My Riu Ocho Rios Wedding Review with Pics

#17 Bride010101

Bride010101
              • 1,547 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 01:18 AM

I just asked the Riu that question... Valeria got back to me and confirmed that the it is just 3 weddings a day (except V-day I guess)... with at least a full hour off inbetween ceremonies. So if you have the 4:00 ceremony... the next closest one could potentially be at 2:00.

#18 nancylou7

nancylou7
                • 51 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 10:00 AM

I still have not heard anything from her and we fly out saturday morning!!! I understand that Chandlyn is a very busy person and if they have that many weddings she should have an assistant!!
                  But I did get about 6 emails from Michael the photographer yesterday (a price list and a bunch of samples of his work). I have never contacted him so he must have a list of weddings and just contacts everyone himself. I dont plan on using him, I hope there will be no problems with him.

Oh well,
                  Everything will work out just fine when we get there!!

#19 Olivia

Olivia
                  • 10 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 08:53 PM

I just spoke to my wc/ta here and she called the riu today to find out what seems to be the problem. They said they can't seem to find any record of my emails that I have sent since the end of January. So my wc/ta sent her the copies of all my emails that I have sent and they said they would be sure to get back to me right away. I sure hope they do!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users