Jump to content

Photo

My Riu Ocho Rios wedding - Feb 12 08


  • Please log in to reply
136 replies to this topic

#71 geology_rocks

geology_rocks
  • Jr. Member
  • 215 posts

    Posted 29 February 2008 - 11:08 AM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jmhein
    Yup! All the champagne glasses and cake serving set were provided, I wouldnt have even thought to bring those items, so thank goodness!
    Good to hear. I was worried we'd have to bring our own and honestly, we've got enough crap to cart to Jamaica that I think I'd prefer to drink out of plastic cups than to haul some fragile crystal thousands of kms!

    Was there anything you wish you would have brought or that you brought but found out the resort provided?

    #72 crawford2B

    crawford2B
    • Jr. Member
    • 244 posts

      Posted 01 March 2008 - 12:13 AM

      Your pictures are amazing!! Your day looked beautiful!

      #73 jmhein

      jmhein
      • Member
      • 665 posts

        Posted 01 March 2008 - 03:56 PM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by geology_rocks
        Good to hear. I was worried we'd have to bring our own and honestly, we've got enough crap to cart to Jamaica that I think I'd prefer to drink out of plastic cups than to haul some fragile crystal thousands of kms!

        Was there anything you wish you would have brought or that you brought but found out the resort provided?
        I cant really think of anything actually! The one thing I guess I would have liked to have done was bring some sort of seating arrangement or place cards for the wedding dinner, as there was just a bit of confusion as to where the parents should sit. But other than that, I think I brought everything "personal" for the wedding and the resort provided everything else.
        ------------------------------------------------MARRIED at the Riu Ocho Rios - Feb 12, 2008 - Best day of our lives!Honeymooned at Sandals Whitehouse European Village - Feb 16-23


        My Riu Ocho Rios Wedding Review with Pics

        #74 Agape Gems

        Agape Gems
        • Sr. Member
        • 1,260 posts

          Posted 02 March 2008 - 12:29 PM

          Was it extra to get your hair done in your room instead of in the salon? I always have to sit under the dryer FOREVER when I get my hair done so i'm wondering how they would do it in my room.

          Also, I noticed in one pic that your BM had a baby with her in the disco. Was that during your private time at the Disco? I have a BM who is bringing her 1 1/2 year old and we have been trying to figure out what we would do with her during the reception b/c no one wants to miss all the fun!

          Thanks for the great reveiw and all the pics, everything looks perfect! I'm so jealous about the room upgrade! The resort is completely booked during our wedding stay so I'm not counting on an upgrade
          See our professional weddings photos http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t21339

          #75 jmhein

          jmhein
          • Member
          • 665 posts

            Posted 02 March 2008 - 04:00 PM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by twelve_piece
            Was it extra to get your hair done in your room instead of in the salon? I always have to sit under the dryer FOREVER when I get my hair done so i'm wondering how they would do it in my room.

            Also, I noticed in one pic that your BM had a baby with her in the disco. Was that during your private time at the Disco? I have a BM who is bringing her 1 1/2 year old and we have been trying to figure out what we would do with her during the reception b/c no one wants to miss all the fun!

            Thanks for the great reveiw and all the pics, everything looks perfect! I'm so jealous about the room upgrade! The resort is completely booked during our wedding stay so I'm not counting on an upgrade
            I dont think there was an extra charge to have the hair done in my room! I had requested it in advance with the Renova Spa by email and I paid 50% deposit online. If you need a big hair dryer I am not sure how that would happen in the room either... we all started with our hair dry!
            Yes, my MOH brought her 8 week old baby along!! And the baby LOVED Jamaica! He was so happy with the sunshine! And another friend brought her 1 1/2 year old along as well. Both were in the disco during our private booking time, I had asked Chandlyn in advance if kids were allowed in their during the private booking and she said "No problem!" The 1 1/2 year old had a blast dancing with everyone, so I would definitely recommend that as an option for you!
            ------------------------------------------------MARRIED at the Riu Ocho Rios - Feb 12, 2008 - Best day of our lives!Honeymooned at Sandals Whitehouse European Village - Feb 16-23


            My Riu Ocho Rios Wedding Review with Pics

            #76 BarefootBride

            BarefootBride
            • Sr. Member
            • 1,266 posts

              Posted 05 March 2008 - 04:35 AM

              Wow, loved the room, the colors, your dress...EVERYTHING!!! THanks for sharing!!!

              #77 Yari

              Yari
              • VIP Member
              • 10,928 posts

                Posted 05 March 2008 - 04:41 AM

                Your pics are so beautiful! I love your dress!! Also your BM flip flops were very cute.

                #78 ochoriobride

                ochoriobride
                • Jr. Member
                • 489 posts

                  Posted 05 March 2008 - 11:35 AM

                  Jmhein, I have a question for you.
                  I was wandering where did you get your fans? I looked on different site that deliver in Canada but the shipping is more expensive then the fans. I looked on weddingfavorites and asiansideas for the fans and weddingfavors for the stickers.
                  Thanks
                  http://tickers.Ticke....ed78/event.png



                  Justin & NathalieApril 22nd 2008Riu Ocho Rios

                  #79 Agape Gems

                  Agape Gems
                  • Sr. Member
                  • 1,260 posts

                    Posted 05 March 2008 - 06:26 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by ochoriobride
                    Jmhein, I have a question for you.
                    I was wandering where did you get your fans? I looked on different site that deliver in Canada but the shipping is more expensive then the fans. I looked on weddingfavorites and asiansideas for the fans and weddingfavors for the stickers.
                    Thanks
                    Have you tried Oriental Trading? I don't know if they deliver to Canada but the fans are super cheap from them
                    See our professional weddings photos http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t21339

                    #80 J&M

                    J&M
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 173 posts

                      Posted 05 March 2008 - 06:59 PM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by ochoriobride
                      Jmhein, I have a question for you.
                      I was wandering where did you get your fans? I looked on different site that deliver in Canada but the shipping is more expensive then the fans. I looked on weddingfavorites and asiansideas for the fans and weddingfavors for the stickers.
                      Thanks
                      Hi
                      I didn't see any pics of Jmhein's fans so i don't know what you're looking for... but are they for wedding favors or? I got some done with personalized tags (they are small maybe 8" and unfold to tulip shapes) anyways got them from hansonellis.com they ship to Canada I got 15 and it cost about $65.00 then another $30.00 cause they deliverd UPS




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users