Sign in to follow this  
jenanmag

Welcome reception

Hey brides! How do you go about setting up a welcome party at the hotel for your guests? I have like 6 people coming in on Thursday and 6 people coming in on Friday. . .so I am not sure what to do or how to go about doing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenanmag View Post
Hey brides! How do you go about setting up a welcome party at the hotel for your guests? I have like 6 people coming in on Thursday and 6 people coming in on Friday. . .so I am not sure what to do or how to go about doing it.
Why don't you just have one in your room. You have the liquor from the despenser and I am sure you could get from the resort whatever else you want. Have so drinks and then go for dinner?

I contacted Chandlyn and rented out the Seagrape Beach Bar on a night when all of my guests will be there. But I agree with what was said above...you can save some money by doing it in your room since you have a smaller number of people.

We are doing informal welcome receptions each night. In the letter I'm sending out a few weeks ahead of time -- I am putting in the time and location of each night's welcome reception. (Since it's an AI, I didn't want to spend extra money). So one night it will be the Lobby Bar, one night the Beach Bar, etc etc etc. And I will have the OOT Bags to hand out to the new arrivals each night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbi-francis View Post
Hey Liz-How much is it to rent out the Seagrape?
Seagrape is $10 per person and includes open bar for 3 hours. I am having it from 8-11pm, so hopefully people will eat beforehand.