Photo

Guys in Shorts or Pants

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#11 Sandra E.

Sandra E.
  • 2,183 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 07:10 PM

I would go with pants, because even though it's a casual wedding it will probably look better in the pictures.

#12 Cole5worm

Cole5worm
    • 371 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 11:47 PM

I am just so torn... I think pants will look very nice but i am afarid that the dresses will look super unformal.. hmmm.. Maybe I will just let my FI and guys figure it out but I'll give the okay :-)

#13 Saraha

Saraha
      • 2,597 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 11:53 PM

We went with very unformal dresses but they guys are just wearing a tan suit and a white shirt under. No tie or anything that was it still stays very unformal, yet nice at the same time.

#14 PlayaNovia

PlayaNovia
        • 67 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 12:42 AM

We're doing pants with short sleeve shirts - that is just my preference. We told FI's guys and they are all OK with it. Honestly, I think shorts is just too casual, but if you are OK with it, then do what is best for you.

I found tropical weight trousers and nice shirts at this website:
          TravelSmith*Travel Clothing, Travel Accessories, and Luggage from TravelSmith Outfitters so the guys don't need to wear shorts to be cooler, since the fabric of the trousers is lightweight. Plus, with a 5pm ceremony on the beach and the breeze, it's not like they'll be roasting. They can make do. FI is wearing a suit! (his choice) At least I didn't make them do that. LOL
          Love is an irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired.
          --Robert Frost

#15 Bride010101

Bride010101
          • 1,547 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 12:44 AM

My FI will be in a suit and the GM in matching khakis and short sleeve shirts.

We had talked about shorts but my FI was actually the one most against it... he worried it would too informal in pics ... plus he doesn't like his skinny legs! lol

#16 Denise40

Denise40
            • 407 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 01:21 AM

For our vow renewal the guys will wear khaki pants and a short sleeve shirt, nothing fancy. I was going to have them wear shorts, but I heard that some restaurants in Cabo the guys need to wear pants? Not sure, but that is what I heard.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users