Photo

What do you want to know from us Married Gals?

• Please log in to reply
170 replies to this topic

#91 NATASHA

NATASHA
  • 646 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 08:28 PM

I would go with the solo guitar and the firedancers.

AND I would get sparklers for each of the guests. Rebecca, didn't you do that? It makes for GREAT pictures and they're like $2 or $3 per person.
    Shawn and NatashaHappily MarriedNovember 11, 2006

#92 anaderoux

anaderoux
    • 3,220 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 10:52 PM

I wan't to have my wedding in cabo to use Mayeeeeee, does anyone know someone like her in Cancun? don't think so

#93 anaderoux

anaderoux
      • 3,220 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 10:53 PM

By the way this thread is soooooo helpful!! thanx married ladies!!!

I'm still debating between fireworks and fire dancers.. thanx to all of you obviously, my mind was really focused on fireworks, but now I want firedancers too!!!

#94 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
        • 5,248 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 12:49 AM

I think I am going to go with fireworks and salsa dancers. I'm still not sold on the fire dancers idea. LOL. Natasha do the salsa dancers teach your guests how to dance at the reception? I'm not quite sure what their services are. I would like to get dancers that would maybe dance with each other for a song and then interact and dance with my guests. Do they do this?

-Glenda

#95 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
          • 11,659 posts
          • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 19 January 2007 - 02:38 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by MagsieMexico
          So, I'm late to this thread but I have a question for the married ladies too... What was the ceremony like? I feel like we all talk about the party the most...

Was it really short and rushed?
          Did you all have them in Spanish and translate?
          Did you get any time to personalize it with the officiant?
          Could you do your own vows, or anything special?

thank you!
          i brought my own officiant so it was exactly how we wanted it...sweet but funny...i think i posted my ceremony on here somewhere...

since i had my own officiant it was in english.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
          Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
          Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
          Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
          sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
          Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#96 REBECCA

REBECCA
          • VIP Member
          • 1,825 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 01:39 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by NATASHA
            I would go with the solo guitar and the firedancers.

AND I would get sparklers for each of the guests. Rebecca, didn't you do that? It makes for GREAT pictures and they're like $2 or $3 per person.
            No, that was Meahgan. But I agree, they are fun..probably REALLY fun when you're drunk! Ha Ha
            Rebecca
            <center>

http://i54.photobuck....a/IMG_1294.jpg
            Alexander & Juliette - Born 3/15/09</center>

#97 NATASHA

NATASHA
            • 646 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 06:29 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Nrvsbride
              I think I am going to go with fireworks and salsa dancers. I'm still not sold on the fire dancers idea. LOL. Natasha do the salsa dancers teach your guests how to dance at the reception? I'm not quite sure what their services are. I would like to get dancers that would maybe dance with each other for a song and then interact and dance with my guests. Do they do this?

-Glenda
              Yes. After the toast, I said, "OK - now we need everyone to get up and get on the dance floor" and immediately people were lined up and our salsa dancers came out and started teaching people steps. Very high motivation. They danced with each other at the end (and during) after people got really tired. If they start dancing at the beginning, it will look intimidating to people.

They start out with everyone following them doing steps and then after a song or two, they start showing couples moves. Finally, they dance together.

Here are two pictures. My caveat - people liked the salsa teachers, but they loved the fire dancers. If you asked our guests, this is the one thing they would have said, "yeah, that was nice, but..." So if you're deciding between the two, I'd go with the fire dancers.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

#98 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
              • 5,248 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 06:39 PM

Thanks Natasha! Maybe I will go with both. Gosh I am going to go bankrupt with all this! Natasha you also got fireworks right? Do you mind my asking how much your entire wedding cost you? Excluding travel/accomodations and your bridal wear? I am planning to get a lot of the same things you had at your wedding so I wanted to get an idea for how much this could cost me.

-Glenda

#99 NATASHA

NATASHA
                • 646 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 06:58 PM

Here you go - this totals to just under $31,000 for the items you selected (excluded gifts to each other, attire, etc.).

Note that these include tips (15%) and tax (10%). Tips were for food and beverage, flowers, and for Maye (based upon the arch, table settings, candles, etc - everything that they had to source and set up) but not photographer, musicians, etc. as suggested by Maye.

Attached Files

#100 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
                  • 5,248 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 07:06 PM

Natasha you have been an absolute life saver! Thank you, you are so much help, I greatly appreciate it!

-Glenda

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users