Photo

Alternative to a Welcome Dinner??

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 *JillD*

*JillD*
  • 5,112 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 02:56 PM

oh, its out of ours too,hahaha but I figured I'd get it anyway, maybe I can throw it in the oot bags in case our guests want to find something to do!

We did say we wanted to try to do an excursion when everyone was there, just girls & just boys, kind of like our bachelor/bachelorette parties, but low key. But I think this would be more fun, we'll see!

#22 Caletas_bridetobe

Caletas_bridetobe
    • 45 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 06:38 PM

Ive been the the rythms of the night tour in PV. You have a nice candle lit dinner and a theatrical show afterwards with fire danceres. It is really pretty, especially the cruise back when you see the city all lit up at night.

#23 MagsieMexico

MagsieMexico
      • 420 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 06:46 PM

Oh, this is a great idea! I was planning at least one event all together, so this could be it! Thanks ladies, as always, a wealth of knowledge and ideas.
        Margaret & Eric

#24 chrisnessa

chrisnessa
        • 176 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 06:28 PM

Great idea!!! I was wondering if anyone did any other things in Puerto Vallarta for the welcome gathering. We are staying at the Riu Jalisco any ideas
          Our first year married. We had our marriage blessed at our Catholic Church.

#25 p00kylu

p00kylu
          • 30 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 09:04 PM

How about a welcome brunch? Has anyone priced or had a welcome brunch instead of dinner? It seems like it would be more affordable anyways?

#26 foxytv

foxytv
            • VIP Member
            • 7,740 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 09:52 PM

That's a GREAT price! There's a yacht we've looked at for our reception in the DR, but it's $45pp for 3-hours.

My only concern is to make sure that everyone is a boat person. I have a BM and some guests who either can't swim or aren't keen on boats, especially for that length of time. And 8 hours is a long time on a boat!

#27 mbarnes04

mbarnes04
              • 194 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 08:03 PM

I'm torn between letting everyone just relax and do whatever on thier own or together because it's their vacation and they may not want a lot of plans - but then again, it may help break the ice before the big day.

Someone on a different thread had an awesome idea - give each guest some sort of mardi gras bead or lei or something so they can identify other guests... and / or invite people to join at the lobby bar if they wish on the first night everyone gets there. Better for budgets and feels less like an obligation, I think...but I don't know, maybe I'll get a vote going :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users