Photo

Anyone interested in a Book Club?

• Please log in to reply
328 replies to this topic

#41 Birdie07

Birdie07
  • 1,218 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 08:54 PM

It's totally fine if you don't have a book to suggest the first time around. Thats the point of the bookclub to get you reading! Just send me an email calia.anne@gmail.com so I can keep us organized. It's hard to go through the thread and find everyones names. Hahah. I have some great suggestions from you girls already. I am so excited. So if you don't have a book but still want to join email me so I'm sure. And by Monday we'll have a book to read. YAY!

ETA: I'm pretty sure you can't do anything wrong in a book club?? I think! Hahaha....as to the light reading or first book chosen. I really don't think it matters. I just choose my favorite book that. I choose one that got me thinking and that I think other people would love. And that I think could lead a discussion on the plot and themes of the book. Sometimes theres book about boy meets girl boy sleeps with girl the end. Sometimes that can't lead talking about it. Sometimes that plot goes with a whole lot more with more characters and betrayal and things like that and could lead a discussion. So it's up to you. You can't go wrong??

#42 Yari

Yari
    • VIP Member
    • 10,928 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 08:57 PM

I can't wait for Monday to find out what book I need to go out and get. Watch out Border's cause here I come!!!

#43 DreaW

DreaW
      • Banned
      • 2,462 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 03:11 AM

I'm actually excited about this too....I need to read a good book, I started reading "Wicked" but can't really get into it.

#44 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
        • 26,161 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 04:14 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by LC_Rachel
          I'm having a different dilemma. I'm not sure if the books I read and loved are too out there. I love a lot of the classics and haven't read too much light reading. Any one like Toni Morrison? I'd like to suggest a book of hers but her style might throw some people off.
          I love her work so I wouldn't complain. I think it's good if some people are thrown off by whatever book we read..haha Nothing wrong with getting out of the comfort zone. I don't expect to 100% love every selection but maybe I will, and if not there is still something to be discussed. This will be fun!

#45 gkashmira

gkashmira
          • 1,962 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 03:41 PM

Id like to join as well! I will send you an email.
            Kashmira & Dan
            Happily married since June 16, 2007
            http://i95.photobuck....a/IMG_0769.jpg
            Our mini-video: http://www.bajavideo...m/Kash_Dan.html
            Photo slideshow: http://www.tomasbarron.com/recent.php

#46 Betsy

Betsy

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 4,513 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 06:20 PM

Drea - Keep reading it gets way better! I read that book awhile ago and it was very slow starting and confusing with the animals/people whatever they were - but towards the middle it gets a lot better!

#47 Birdie07

Birdie07
              • 1,218 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 12:39 PM

Ok todays the last day for submissions. I have a few girls that didnt send one so if u want your pick in the drawing send it fast. Tonight I'll pick someone to choose a number. Yay! I can't wait.

#48 Yari

Yari
                • VIP Member
                • 10,928 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 02:24 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by CaliaA07
                  Ok todays the last day for submissions. I have a few girls that didnt send one so if u want your pick in the drawing send it fast. Tonight I'll pick someone to choose a number. Yay! I can't wait.
                  I am so excited! I was in Starbucks this morning and they were featuring a book (can't remember the name) anyhow it made me think of the club and it made me happy. Yay!

#49 Birdie07

Birdie07
                  • 1,218 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 09:03 PM

I just emailed the first girl and when she emails me back I"ll post the book here! YAY!

#50 Heidi

Heidi
                    • 2,642 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 12:57 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by CaliaA07
                      I just emailed the first girl and when she emails me back I"ll post the book here! YAY!
                      OOO! I hope she checks her email soon! I'm psyched to see which book we'll be reading first!!!
                      Married April 4, 2008 at the Riu Ocho Rios!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users