328 replies to this topic

#31 Yari

Yari
  • VIP Member
  • 10,928 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 11:58 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by CaliaA07
    Ok so far we have 17 members ...Saraha are you in or just think its a good idea hahah....
    I've made a spreadsheet to keep track and keep organized. I only have 5 book suggestions but 17 ppl so I need your suggestions so we can get started.
    I think depending on how long the book is depending how long you have to read it. Say it's 50 pages compared to a 400 page book?
    So when should we choose our first book. I say give everyone until Friday to put in their suggestions and then everyone can get the book over the weekend. Or we could wait longer and make sure everyone who wants to participate lets me know??
    I think Friday sounds good!

#32 Birdie07

Birdie07
    • 1,218 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 02:16 AM

Sounds good. Ok so friday I close submissions. People can still join the bookclub whenever of course we get new members all the time and that wouldn't be fair. I will then send the chooser numbers to choose from over the weekend and post the book here when she chooses.
      From my "list" these ppl need to send me book suggestion to put in the hat.
      Aliperes1
      AmandalovesRyan
      Betsy
      Abby-Dougsgirl
      Jenn
      Jilly76
      Jujigirl
      LC_Rachel
      Starchild
      and Saraha if you're in.
      So by Friday girlies! I can't wait to start reading.

#33 Yari

Yari
      • VIP Member
      • 10,928 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 02:40 AM

Yay, so excited. This is going to be great.

#34 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
        • 26,161 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 03:05 AM

Emailing you my selection tonight :)

#35 jajajaja

jajajaja
          • VIP Member
          • 9,794 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 01:54 PM

Ugh. What to choose! We are picking light reading at first right?
            Happily married since 2008

#36 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
            • 26,161 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 02:15 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by LC_Rachel
              Ugh. What to choose! We are picking light reading at first right?
              I don't know but I had the same dilemna choosing. In the end I went with a book that is one of my faves and everyone I've given it to loves...when we get around to it I hope you all feel the same!

#37 *JillD*

*JillD*
              • 5,112 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 02:56 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by CaliaA07
                It's ok if you don't have one yet. Thats kind of the point of this to get you to read something. You suggest a book you've read already. That way you can lead the discussion. Just email me with your suggestion. My email is calia.anne@gmail.com.
                would it be okay for me to join, but not suggest a book, therefore not leading a discussion, at least not just yet?

I ask this because the last book I read was probably 10 years ago, (yes, I'm serious) my reading lately consists of websites and magazines!

#38 jajajaja

jajajaja
                • VIP Member
                • 9,794 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 03:03 PM

I'm having a different dilemma. I'm not sure if the books I read and loved are too out there. I love a lot of the classics and haven't read too much light reading. Any one like Toni Morrison? I'd like to suggest a book of hers but her style might throw some people off.
                  Happily married since 2008

#39 DreaW

DreaW
                  • Banned
                  • 2,462 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 03:26 PM

I would like to join too...please add me to the list....I will also email you. I'm with some girls I don't have a book suggestion..also never done a book club either, so please update me when I do something wrong.
                    Drea :)

#40 Jenn

Jenn
                    • 1,557 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 03:31 PM

I'm going to preliminarily say I'm in, but I'd rather not suggest a book just yet. Also never been in a book club, so leading a discussion seems like too much just now. I also am likely buying a house in the next month and moving, so I can't guarantee I'll read the chosen book - but I'm going to try! If I don't make it for the first book, I will for the second :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users