Photo

Paradisus Riviera Brides - POST HERE!

• Please log in to reply
2758 replies to this topic

#581 Freckles

Freckles
  • 67 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 01:21 PM

Welcome back Becks and Congratulations on becoming a MRS!!! Glad to hear your wedding was great despite the few the bumps. Cant wait for pics!!

Fanny - We too are brining our photographer from home and have unlimited hours for photography, we found that this option appealed more to us than having a package deal with limitations with a photographer down there.

#582 becks

becks

VIP

• VIP Member
    • 4,881 posts
    • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
    • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
    • LocationNew York

Posted 14 August 2008 - 01:54 PM

the room situation wasn't "resolved" we made do with what we could, moved people around, etc. In the end, people were still scattered and in rooms that weren't what they were promised (a family of 4 in a king bedded room with 2 cots, adjoining rooms that weren't, etc.) We're fighting with Sol Melia now to get refunds.

We had our welcome dinner at the reef grill and our wedding dinner at L'Hermitage. The reef grill was free, but we paid $70 per person for L'Hermitage. In terms of getting people fed, after I kicked and screamed they got the food to them fairly quickly.

We had Carlos from Mannia for the whole thing - pre-ceremony right on thru to the very end, so he took care of all the music.

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

#583 Anon101

Anon101
    • 86 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 07:38 PM

Hi all,

I'm still resort hunting, but really love this property.

If people are comfortable doing so, would you mind posting the rates that you received from your TA or otherwise (and wedding month)? I want to make sure that the rates we receive from our TA are the best available...

Thanks!

#584 Anon101

Anon101
      • 86 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 07:49 PM

Another question...

Are civil ceremonies performed in English or Spanish?

Thanks, again!

#585 Deb1107

Deb1107
        • 5 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 10:59 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by nenamono
          Hi girls I am back!!!!

Silly question and I should do research but maybe one of you know......Do I have to do anything with my marriage certificate to make my wedding legal in the US (get it translated or anything?) Heheheh for all I know its still not legal yet =) aaahhh well that just means I have to do it again
          Congratulations!!! Did you have to do anything with your marriage certificate to make the wedding legal in the US? Was your ceremony in English? I just joined the forum...I am considering Paradisus for my wedding however I want to confirm a legal ceremony can be performed in English. Thank you!

#586 becks

becks

VIP

• VIP Member
          • 4,881 posts
          • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
          • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
          • LocationNew York

Posted 15 August 2008 - 09:38 AM

I don't know about the legal ceremony, but the symbollic is performed in English. I'd expect that the legal is too.

We had minister Jorge Pinto do our ceremony - we wanted some religous aspects to it, and he had some bible verses, etc. He was so sweet.

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

#587 KLC77

KLC77
          • 2,207 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 11:42 AM

I'm thinking about getting stadium cups for my OOT bags. For those of you who have been to the resort, do you think that they will let my guests use them and fill them at the bars?
            ~Kelly

Our Awesome Wedding Pics: http://www.delsolpho...ings/kelly&ron/

#588 Anon101

Anon101
            • 86 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 10:21 PM

Thanks, Becks. Anyone know whether you can have a civil ceremony in English?

Separately, what are the costs involved with a welcome party, rehearsal dinner, and farewell brunch? Are they included with the AI package? Will they block off an area at a restaurant?

Thanks!!!

#589 KLC77

KLC77
              • 2,207 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 11:10 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Anon101
                Thanks, Becks. Anyone know whether you can have a civil ceremony in English?

Separately, what are the costs involved with a welcome party, rehearsal dinner, and farewell brunch? Are they included with the AI package? Will they block off an area at a restaurant?

Thanks!!!
                I can't see having the civil ceremony in English being a problem. Have you emailed Perla about this? We are having a welcome dinner Thursday night and Perla is going to reserve tables for our group. Same goes for breakfast the day after the wedding. No extra charges for that.
                ~Kelly

Our Awesome Wedding Pics: http://www.delsolpho...ings/kelly&ron/

#590 bumbles

bumbles
                • 574 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 11:23 PM

Can someone clarify something for me?

"Open bar" is soda and still water -- no alcohol. "International open bar" includes alcohol? From the email I received, it seems that's what they were saying. I guess that it's just odd that the "cocktail party" in the package doesn't actually include any cocktails and they charge $10 extra for alcohol per person/hour.

So, the Fantasy package with dinner from the banquet kit, that includes 3 hours of international open bar?

From the Aqua package, does the chef's dinner option include an alcohol bar?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users