2758 replies to this topic

#331 kimkeathley

kimkeathley
  • 17 posts

Posted 18 April 2008 - 02:33 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MissyR
    It would have been sooo fun!

On another note - wondering whether anyone has given any thought to any live music - mariachi, band etc. We were thinking something for the ceremony might be nice - although not sure I want to pay $750 for 45 minutes..
    we're thinking about doing the mariachi's, too... what do you think about using them for the ceremony, and then possilby a "cocktail hour" ... then you can hand it over to the DJ for the rest?

On that note, are you pretty happy with your dj choice? Is it less expensive to go with him than with SWANK?

thanks!

#332 Rogers

Rogers
    • 10 posts

Posted 18 April 2008 - 05:28 PM

Hey girls!

Im new to this thread and so glad I found it! I just booked the Paradisus Riviera Cancun for August 1, 2008. We were going to go with another resort and then found this one and had to change.

We are going to have around 25 people. Thanks to all of you for the great information!

Amy

#333 nenamono

nenamono
      • 282 posts

Posted 18 April 2008 - 07:20 PM

Janine your site looks great! Thanks for visiting us we miss you! We are going to have to head over the the Dreams post to catch up.

OMG did LeShay leave for her wedding yet? LeShay are you here?

I have booked the steel drummer for our cocktail hour. Does anyone know if there are songs to pick from for steel drummers? Not that I would know what to pick Im sure whatever he plays will be nice. I really wanted and thought the mariachis would be nice but I couldnt stretch my budget without having to get rid of something else.

#334 nenamono

nenamono
        • 282 posts

Posted 18 April 2008 - 07:21 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Rogers
          Hey girls!

Im new to this thread and so glad I found it! I just booked the Paradisus Riviera Cancun for August 1, 2008. We were going to go with another resort and then found this one and had to change.

We are going to have around 25 people. Thanks to all of you for the great information!

Amy
          Welcome aboard Amy

#335 MissyR

MissyR
          • 1,210 posts

Posted 18 April 2008 - 09:12 PM

Welcome Amy! You and Becks are getting married a week apart!

#336 MissyR

MissyR
            • 1,210 posts

Posted 18 April 2008 - 09:13 PM

Michele mind me asking what you are paying for the steel drummer? We are leaning that way too..

IS LeShay gone already? Shit I hope not - we have to send her off in a good way!

#337 becks

becks

VIP

• VIP Member
              • 4,881 posts
              • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
              • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
              • LocationNew York

Posted 19 April 2008 - 08:53 AM

Hi Amy!!!!!! You ARE getting married a week before I am. SO very exciting!!

How long are you staying after? I arrive on Wednesday afternoon (the 6th).

By the way ladies, I met Michele for a drink after work the other evening - it was so much fun! She is GREAT!

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

#338 becks

becks

VIP

• VIP Member
              • 4,881 posts
              • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
              • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
              • LocationNew York

Posted 19 April 2008 - 08:55 AM

LeShay is getting married one week from today. I don't know when she was planning on travelling. Anyone?

Missy's right - we need to send her off the right way!

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

#339 nenamono

nenamono
              • 282 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 09:05 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by MissyR
                Michele mind me asking what you are paying for the steel drummer? We are leaning that way too..

IS LeShay gone already? Shit I hope not - we have to send her off in a good way!
                No prob Melissa. There are several options Im copy pasting Perlas response. I choose the single drummer as I didnt want anything really loud and distracting during cocktail hour and wanted to give people a chance to talk but Im sure a full reggae band would be fun!

The price per hour will be 350 USD +10% tax with one steel drum, if you want the one steel drum and sound system 450 USD +10% like for the cocktail, in fact they have as well a Regaee Band including the steel drums with sound system per 2 sets (2 hours) the prices will be 1700 USD +10% tax. If you want to book you can do this through me.

Quote:
                Originally Posted by becks
                Hi Amy!!!!!! You ARE getting married a week before I am. SO very exciting!!

How long are you staying after? I arrive on Wednesday afternoon (the 6th).

By the way ladies, I met Michele for a drink after work the other evening - it was so much fun! She is GREAT!
                I know we had a great time talking about our upcoming plans and FI's. We have to plan another get together with the rest of the girls soon.

#340 caracolgin

caracolgin
                • 80 posts

Posted 20 April 2008 - 10:31 AM

Welcome Amy..Where do you live in Texas?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users