Paradisus Riviera Brides - POST HERE!

Ahh, I forgot to say most importantly, CONGRATULATIONS to all of you ladies getting married at NOW Sapphire, enjoy your time planning, and of course enjoy the wedding!

Also, try not to stress too much. I know lack of response from the resort can get frustrating, but remember they do so many weddings a year and really do know what they are doing. About a month out I was getting better responses and was able to figure it all out in that time.

I mean from the time I started I went through four wedding planners at the resort (Cecilia, Alexandria, Daniela and Sandra), the hotel was sold, renamed and packages changed, and our airline went bankrupt so that my husband and I along with 25% of our guests had to rebook flights, YET everything turned out perfect and was better than what either of us had dreamed. 

Stay positive, get as much done ahead of time as you can, and ENJOY everything!

Ginger

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ginger you were such a stunning bride! i just peeked at your pictures! the wedding looked amazing! and you got so many great pictures! congratulations to you guys!!!!

and it makes me so excited for my wedding there in february!!!! :)  the beach terrace is closer towards the pool area of the hotel so it is further away from the tequila terrace.  there is another wedding the same day as mine and she will be on the tequila terrace (i've messaged with her through this site), i'm not exactly sure of the distance between the two areas but i think it will be far away enough to keep both of our events private.  

the bows looked great on the chairs for both the ceremony and the wedding.  i was thinking about bringing my own decorations (my mother and one of my sisters are like martha stewart when it comes to that stuff haha) but that might be a hassle, i'll have to figure it all out... i will probably have about 50 or so people attending as well.

and i think my bridesmaids are wearing the same dresses that your girls wore! :) the color is called horizon though and it is like a bright royal blue color...  thanks again for sharing all of this super helpful information!!!! :)

ginger, one more question.... i read that you did not do a legal ceremony, we don't plan on doing a legal ceremony either but i didn't want to tell my guests that, did your guests know that it was not a legal ceremony??? we plan on getting married the day before we leave (valentines day) but we didn't want to tell a lot of people, so when we come back we will definitely be married but we didn't want to go through the blood work and extra paperwork to make it legal there.... 

thanks! 

:)  jan

Thanks Jan, glad you liked the pics!

Thats awesome your mom and sis want to make the bows! I just didn't want to hassle with bringing many decorations bc I knew I already had a lot of gift bag stuff to bring. Looking back one large cost was the $85 centerpieces for the 10 tables, while the aqua overlay was only $25 for each table and created more of a color impact than the centerpieces. If you could come up with an awesome centerpiece that was easy to transport, it would save you big time!

Aren't those bridemaid dresses awesome! They are really flattering and I know the girls all really liked them, espcially bc they have pockets :). I liked that since they weren't strapless, the bridemaids weren't shimmying their dress up all night, free to dance uninhibited!

Regarding the legal ceremony, we did not advertise to everyone that it wasn't going to be "legal". If people asked we would explain how we didn't think it was worth the delay waiting for the certificate, translation issues, blood tests, specific wording of the ceremony, extra $, etc. We did wait until after the wedding to get it legally done back here, something for me didn't feel right being married prior to our ceremony. All in all, very few people actually asked, but I felt I should be honest if they did.

So excited for you, happy planning!

Oh man I missed you by a day Angie. I wish you all the best. Enjoy your beautiful time down there, you must be so happy. Please come back with tons of pics, are all dying to see them.

Thank you for sending me all the info too, I really appreciate it.

Hey ladies! I'm here and the last few days have been horrible due to Paula. Flights were cancelled and I have been a wreck but finally got our parents and photographer on flights and hopefully they get here today. It cost us a fortune but we had no other choice. We have almost 25 guests that can't make it sad.gif

It's sunny and beautiful today so let's hope it stays that way. Trying to keep it together.

Will post pics when I get back. Pray for nice weather ladies!

Thanks!

Angie, Good Luck! I have been crazy busy lately and haven't really posted but I hope everything works our great for you. The weather warning was completely lifted this morning so hopefully things turn around for you. I'm sure everything will be amazing. Remember how lucky you are to be marrying your best friend and it will no doubt be perfect. I know we miss each other but I leave on Sunday and I'll let you know how it goes. If you have any tips... feel free to share :) Happy wedding Angie!