Photo

Paradisus Riviera Brides - POST HERE!

• Please log in to reply
2758 replies to this topic

#1921 jaccat15

jaccat15
  • 196 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 05:17 PM

yikes! Daniela told me they do 2 weddings per day - but 3?! that's insane! I don't know how any place could have 3 weddings per day and accommodate all those people. It's kind of disheartening to hear this No one should feel they get sloppy seconds on the most special day of their lives.
    My mom and I are trying to go down in March for a site visit and to also check out some back up resorts - Gran Velas and Iberostar.

Well, now I know why I haven't heard from Daniela or Cecilia since last Thursday! ughhh

#1922 MissyR

MissyR
    • 1,210 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 04:29 PM

Hi ladies! I know I am not around much these days ... I would echo FeatherChicks' suggestion that you appoint someone to oversee your day.. I asked my closest girlfriend (who also came with me to the pre-wedding meeting with Perla and FI) and I had given her a binder of info as to how everything was supposed to run.. there were some screw-ups but she was able to fix most of it before I even knew about it!

Hope everyone is well!

#1923 MissyR

MissyR
      • 1,210 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 04:37 PM

Sure! Like some of the other girls, I had chosen a lot of custom things (chairs, linens etc.) so my friend had a list of things such as:
        linen colours
        sashes for ceremony chairs
        fans to be placed on chairs
        music - a list of what songs were when and who had the music
        what was supposed to be on the table and what it looked like (centre pieces, place cards etc)
        what the set-up was supposed to be for the reception (i.e. number of tables, how many at each, highchairs where)
        the menu (I asked her to make sure with the lead server b/c we had someone with severe allergies)
        play/do not play lists (ensuring that these were with the dj)
        ensuring the DJ had the music for our first dance, mother son/father daughter
        ensuring that the podium and mike were set up
        ensuring the decor was as requested (i had some fabrics etc. draping)

I also briefed her on all the appetizers etc. that we had ordered so when FI were off doing our photos she could manage that aspect.

#1924 MissyR

MissyR
        • 1,210 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 04:51 PM

Sure thing! If it helps - here is the final email I sent to Perla (it's 15 pages) and I gave my girlfriend the same one!

Attached Files

#1925 jaccat15

jaccat15
          • 196 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 07:24 PM

Missy - did you have another wedding the same day as yours? How did it work out?

#1926 laurenvuitton

laurenvuitton
            • 283 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 09:25 PM

Hi Everyone - I'm back from checking out the resort and meeting Cecilia and Daniela along with Swank (the DJ). We loved it and it was nicer than we even expected! We talked for them for about an hour and a half and they showed us everything, we picked the spot where we want the reception and ceremony. Makes me even more excited for November now!

I havent gone back and read all the post... but I saw something about 3 weddings on one day?!?!? Insane... there is no way that could happen.

#1927 avong1228

avong1228
              • 384 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 10:36 PM

Lauren, great to hear that your visit went well!

Is anyone doing a welcome reception? I want to but don't want to pay for it. I was thinking about just telling them to meet at one of the bars one night and just take it over. Do you think that is doable?

#1928 laurenvuitton

laurenvuitton
                • 283 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 10:45 PM

Exactly what I was thinking Avong! Just doing rehearsal dinner (you can not have it in a restaurant if its over 30 people). Anyone going to get the embassador suite to stay in for the wedding?

#1929 jaccat15

jaccat15
                  • 196 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 12:16 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by laurenvuitton
                    Exactly what I was thinking Avong! Just doing rehearsal dinner (you can not have it in a restaurant if its over 30 people). Anyone going to get the embassador suite to stay in for the wedding?
                    I think we are going to do an offsite catamaran cruise for our "rehearsal" dinner/welcome dinner. Something different :)

I think we are getting suite for our stay that weekend - it's in our contract from my TA I believe and I hear its amazing! Did you see it first hand?

P.S. Did you ask them about 2 weddings/day? How do they do that?

#1930 avong1228

avong1228
                    • 384 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 11:18 AM

Kelie, so you are paying for 3 dinners ... welcome, rehearsal and the reception? Wow! I'm not sure my budget can swing that! We think we'll have 50-60 ppl so that would mean over 12K in just food! Am I calculating that right? I am already feeling the crunch so don't think I can handle that!

For our rehearsal dinner, Perla had told me that we could have it in the buffet area and all I would have to pay for is the servers at $65 each and that I'd need 4.

If I can swing it last minute, I may ask for just apps and drinks on the beach or somewhere.

Ladies that have been there ... any good ideas on locations for this besides the beach?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users