Paradisus Riviera Brides - POST HERE!

• Please log in to reply
2758 replies to this topic

#1841 laurenvuitton

laurenvuitton
  • 283 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 06:42 PM

avong-

my wedding is about a month after yours! Dont even want to know what they charge for that stuff!! YIKES

I'm still confused why its $99.00 per person after the 20 people. Its an all inclusive resort? Dont get it!!! Can someone please explain this to me LOL

#1842 avong1228

avong1228
    • 384 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 11:19 AM

For every person after your first 20, it's $99 if you go with the Aqua package. I know, it's crazy and my FI is having a hard time with it but I just keep telling him that it is half the cost of what it would be to have a wedding here. What I have been told is that even though it is an all inclusive, it is a private event so they have to have staff just for your party and food made just for your party, etc. Still seems crazy but what are you going to do. I had a meeting planner from my office tell me that she had done events at all inclusive resort before for corporate functions and has never had to pay extra. I threw out that questions to Perla with no response.

Kelie - Did you come up with any ideas for OOT bags? I've found a lot of good suggestions and vendors on the Bride Referral page on here. I also found the sashes I want to bring.

I'm wondering if I need to email Cecilia just to confirm we are on the same page with Perla leaving and all.

#1843 avong1228

avong1228
      • 384 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 03:39 PM

I thought about the towels too but since the hotel provides towels, I thought it would be too much to take down and more for people to pack home. I love the idea though! I'm thinking about a koozie, some kind of spanish for dummies, beach ball or float, sunscreen, chapstick, advil or tums, and maybe a shot glass. I'm trying to think of things that will fit in a small bag (cost reasons) and that won't break (that's why it's a maybe on the shot glasses) and that I can stuff in a suitcase. Not sure what else. There's a thread on here too about OOT bags. I'm looking through it now.

What about bridal party gifts, what are you doing? I'm on a tight budget as is so I can't do anything over the top.

#1844 avong1228

avong1228
        • 384 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 05:03 PM

I have 10 total ... yikes!! I decided that prior to deciding on a destination wedding ... what was I thinking!! I really have no idea right now ... I can really only spend around $50pp ... not sure what I can get for that that would be nice. The guys will probably get monogrammed flasks.

#1845 laurenvuitton

laurenvuitton
          • 283 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 05:07 PM

Avong - im trying to figure out bridal party gifts too!! I was thinking a starfish necklace to wear with the dress

You guys are getting me nervous with this new wedding coordinator there!! ahhhh

#1846 laurenvuitton

laurenvuitton
            • 283 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 05:07 PM

Avong - im trying to figure out bridal party gifts too!! I was thinking a starfish necklace to wear with the dress

You guys are getting me nervous with this new wedding coordinator there!! ahhhh

#1847 avong1228

avong1228
              • 384 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 05:37 PM

I like the starfish necklace idea too!

What time is everyone having their ceremonies at? Mine is set for 4. I'm nervous though about having dinner start at 5:30 ... seems early. Anyone doing a longer cocktail hour? Do you know how much that is?

#1848 jaimeburns

jaimeburns
                • 27 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 06:20 PM

I think an extra hour to the cocktail reception is $15 a person. I'm not positive because I think the prices I have been given are out dated. Online the price per extra person for the Aqua is$90, avong1228 said its $99 and the sheet I have says $85...geesh.

Anyways I am just in the very beginning stages, trying to pick which package I am going to do. Anyone figured out if picking a package or going a la carte is less expensive? I'm thinking I'll have about 60-65 people and can't decide which route to take, I want to do a cocktail hour and reception along with the wedding and can't figure out if going one way or the other saves all that much....on a tight budget so every bit I can save will help.

#1849 laurenvuitton

laurenvuitton
                  • 283 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 07:18 PM

We just got our prices from the TA and not too happy about it. You can go on orbitz and book the vacation package a lot cheaper with the flight than what they are giving us for the rooms. They really try to get every dollar of you when you are there for a wedding huh?? Jamie good luck! I just started too! I thought this was suppose to be easier than having a wedding at home?? LOL

#1850 jaimeburns

jaimeburns
                    • 27 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 07:37 PM

Yes exactly what I thought...more laid back, less work for me...WRONG!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users