| Originally Posted by Kelie11 |
Hye Julia...just wanted to give you the heads up I e-mailed you.
Paradisus Riviera Brides - POST HERE!
Posted 16 December 2009 - 04:09 PM
Posted 16 December 2009 - 10:13 PM
I booked the Mariachi and Water Drums performance. It was a little steep, but I am very excited to see everyone's faces for the water drums, since I am keeping it a suprise. I'm a little annoyed that I am going to have to pay the hotel 3 outside vendor fees (dj, marichi and water drums), but even with those fees, still cheaper then using their preferred vendors. At least I am flying in a photographer, so they won't get a fee for that!
I really need to start working on the details...I'm starting to panic! I haven't even started my oot bags...ahhhh!!!
Posted 19 December 2009 - 02:03 AM
Posted 22 December 2009 - 01:56 PM
Everything was absolutely SPECTACULAR! Like everyone has said before me...trust Perla..she really does know what she is doing. It was so frustrating trying to get a hold of her but in the end we couldn't have asked for anything bettter.
I haven't gotten my pro pics back yet but...our photogs have featured us on their blog
Studio979 Wedding photography, Houston, Lake Jackson
We are under dress, meet cenote and Sarah and Joe do Cancun...
I'll post more pics in this thread later( I know how much we all love them)...and I'll be doing a full planning (late I know) and review thread as well which I'll add links to in my siggy. I'm just still trying to get back to reality.
To answer a few questions I saw:
1. If you fly in your own photogs and they stay at the resort there is no additonal fee. Ours cut us an amazing deal and we were blow away by the photos we've seen so far. I'd say don't comprimise and use the resorts if you don't feel comfortable. Ours were about the same price and we had three full days with them.
2. We changed resorts for the honeymoon (we went to the Iberostar Grand Hotel in Playa Paraiso) we loved the Paradisus but it was nice to get some alone time and be at an adults only location.
3. Our ceremony was at 4pm and it was perfect (we got married on December 12th). We had plenty of time to snap some family photos and get some of us on the beach...however that was knowing that we had all the next day to get some more pictures. If you want all your pictures done after the ceremony you may need an extra half hour or so.
4. We hired DJ Bob and he did a GREAT job. He announced what we wanted announced and did a great mix. (More later in my review)
5. Vicky is now the hair stylist at the Paradisus. She speaks some english but make sure you do a trial the day before. Also book your hair SUPER early. My appt was at 1 and I dont think I was done till 3. I was actually late to the wedding (my poor hubby!) She did do an amazing job and uses enough hair spay to make your hair STAY despite the wind.
On a side note...I got violently ill the night before we came back, to the point that I needed to be taken to the hospital via ambulance and stayed over night missing our flight back. The Iberostar handled the whole situation with the utmost professionalism and was able to change all of our flights, transfers, etc without issue or charge.( I was beyond pleased with the level of customer service) In addition we did book travelers insurance and we had $5K for medical expenses. We haven't tried to file the claim yet but I would recommend tacking it on to your trip if you can. They were unable to use our normal insurance and dealing with them on a regular basis I am sure they will decline anything from mexico. I'll let you know how the filing goes but it was a little bit of a relief when we stumbled upon the coverage in our travel documents.
Like I said more to come...
Posted 22 December 2009 - 02:22 PM
Posted 22 December 2009 - 04:03 PM
Posted 22 December 2009 - 04:07 PM
Posted 23 December 2009 - 12:48 AM
I would check with Perla and see but I think you can still put your own touches on the legal ceremony. I'm pretty sure that Missy got legally married down there and wrote some of her own...she might be able to help out...
Posted 23 December 2009 - 02:57 PM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users