Photo

Paradisus Riviera Brides - POST HERE!

• Please log in to reply
2758 replies to this topic

#1261 navarrabrooke

navarrabrooke
  • 62 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 05:01 PM

Love the pictures, Kelly - that's exactly what we want!

And thanks for Ajua weddings, I will definitely look into them too.

#1262 egsarah

egsarah
    • 355 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 06:29 PM

Welcome Brooke!! Glad to have another Paradisus Bride!!

Fanny I am planning on having one of my guests do my makeup. So no help there..sorry.

Kelly your pictures are beautiful!! That does remind me of why I chose the Paradisus to begin with! One question did they charge you for two sets of chair covers and bows? We may be having close to 100 ppl so it could get expensive if we have to buy two sets.

#1263 egsarah

egsarah
      • 355 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 06:30 PM

Oh I heard back from Perla today but my DJ questions got cut off somehow...I'll let you all know as soon as I hear back....

#1264 yamille

yamille
        • 1,460 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 06:37 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Fanny
          Welcome Brooke!
          Hi Brooke,
          Ajua weddings is who I am using for my music and their prices are way better then the Paradisus even w/ the 300 outside vendor fee.
          Just a thought :)
          This is who I am using for mariachis after so much debate with paradisus prices. I still end up saving even with the fee.

#1265 becks

becks

VIP

• VIP Member
          • 4,881 posts
          • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
          • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
          • LocationNew York

Posted 01 April 2009 - 01:47 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by yamille
          I am going to do my own. I went to bloomingdales and had an appt. with a bobbi brown makeup artist who was in from LA. I liked what she did for the most part. I bought all the makeup - i just don't want to pay and I don't trust anyone that has never done before. Becks had hers done there I believe... and she looked gorgeous.
          Awww... thanks Y!!! You're so kind

I actually brought a makeup artist down with me from NY. (Don't ask - it sounds like such an indulgence, but I was so greatful that I did!!)

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

#1266 Freckles

Freckles
          • 67 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 10:59 PM

Hi girls,

Do any of you know if the resort will steam my dress before the wedding and what the cost of this is? Just not sure how wrinkly its going to be after the plane ride, thanks :)

#1267 bumbles

bumbles
            • 574 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 08:03 AM

Hi Freckles,

I don't know what the cost is (kind of scared to ask for the cost of anything now), but Paradisus does offer this service. Since my dress isn't too poofy, my seamstress said to bring my carry-on bag to the store and she can pack it for me. I'm worried about having to fold it up and stuffing in into an overhead bin if I can't hang it.

Also, not to freak anyone out, but make sure they STEAM the dress, NOT dry clean. In one of those wedding shows, they mistakenly dry cleaned her dress and it shrunk!

From the wc:

Does Paradisus offer steaming services for the wedding dress? How many days does it take?
              Yes, you need to send your dress maximum 1 day prior the wedding.

#1268 bumbles

bumbles
              • 574 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 08:31 AM

Happy Wedding Day Meredith!

Sandra, hope you're having a good time and everything is going smoothly.

My fingers are crossed for you ladies to have a beautiful wedding day in sunny Mexico :)

Stress level is through the roof right now. I can't believe this dj issue is still unresolved issue just 6 weeks before the wedding...

#1269 KLC77

KLC77
                • 2,207 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 11:32 AM

Yay Meredith~ Happy wedding day! I hope its fabulous.
                  ~Kelly

Our Awesome Wedding Pics: http://www.delsolpho...ings/kelly&ron/

#1270 Freckles

Freckles
                  • 67 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 12:51 PM

Thanks Fanny - I too am nervous to ask on prices these days, I never know what to expect back. Im there for a few days before the wedding, I may just hang it up and let the humidity of the place do its work, Im a little nervous giving it to someone else to look after!

As for the DJ issue Im anxiously awaiting Sandras return to see what happened. Not sure if you girls saw but DJ Mannia is having a 30% off promotion for BDW brides not sure if its April only or starting in April. But I emailed them yesterday and even though we had already booked with them they are going to honor the 30%, almost 300$!!! So it kinda relieved a little stress I have over this whole SWANK issue and fees. I really dont know what Im going to do, but have a feeling it wont be resolved until we get down there and frankly I just dont want to worry about that on top of everything else!

Michelle

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users