Photo

Paradisus Riviera Brides - POST HERE!

• Please log in to reply
2758 replies to this topic

#1071 LAURENANDBILL

LAURENANDBILL
  • 391 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 09:33 AM

did any of you former brides ship some stuff down in advance?

#1072 JulieH

JulieH
    • 24 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 10:08 AM

Lauren, Good call on the question about shipping in advance, I was wondering that myself.

Also, my aunt is doing a power point presentation, so I'm wondering if anyone knows if we can get the projector and screen from them and how much it costs to use it?

Attached Files

#1073 MissyR

MissyR
      • 1,210 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 01:50 PM

You can get a projector and a screen but I think it's pretty pricey. I want to say at least 400 bucks (what a shocker eh?). I didn't ship anything down - I don't think any of the previous brides did either - from what I've been told there is no guarantee that it will make it through customs to the hotel. You are better off to bring it with you and just check an extra bag and pay the baggge fee.

Fanny and Yamille - you guys are getting close!

#1074 bumbles

bumbles
        • 574 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 02:27 PM

Ahh, I am so nervous!

#1075 JulieH

JulieH
          • 24 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 04:30 PM

wow... that is pricey... ouch!!!
            i think i'll get my teacher friends to bring a projector with them and shoot it on a wall or something...

i'm 45 days to the wedding, i'm feeling very out of control... every time something gets accomplished, there's something else that i hadn't thought of...agghhhhh

#1076 Meredith

Meredith
            • 54 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 11:00 PM

Julie,

The hotel dj SWANK gave us a quote to use the projector/screen and it was almost $800. He said if we bring a projector ourselves the cost would go down (which it clearly should)...he quoted us $150 for the screen alone. I am thinking we can use a wall or put up a sheet.

Girls - I asked Perla if we could have a sound system/mic for the ceremony so people could hear. She said we would have to talk to our photographer about that...but they don't provide this. What should we do? Go back to Perla? Help!

Thanks,

Meredith

#1077 becks

becks

VIP

• VIP Member
              • 4,881 posts
              • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
              • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
              • LocationNew York

Posted 04 March 2009 - 11:29 AM

Meredith - what are you using for music? If you're going the iPod route, see if your speaker source has an input - you may be able to find a mic with RCA plugs that you can just add to that.

On the projector - note that there are no walls around the Tequila terrace, only windows - you'll need to have a sheet or something to project onto.

I keep thinking about going back down - we had such a great time. And the fact that it's cold and miserable here doesn't help.

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

#1078 Meredith

Meredith
              • 54 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 03:10 PM

Thanks for the info - we are using a dj...but we can take down an iPod dock no problem. I will see if we can get a cheap microphone.

...I'm only 1 month away! :)

#1079 KLC77

KLC77
                • 2,207 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 03:17 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Meredith
                  Julie,

The hotel dj SWANK gave us a quote to use the projector/screen and it was almost $800. He said if we bring a projector ourselves the cost would go down (which it clearly should)...he quoted us $150 for the screen alone. I am thinking we can use a wall or put up a sheet.

Girls - I asked Perla if we could have a sound system/mic for the ceremony so people could hear. She said we would have to talk to our photographer about that...but they don't provide this. What should we do? Go back to Perla? Help!

Thanks,

Meredith
                  Really, for the ceremony she said that? The sound system, which was used to play cd's I had burned for the ceremony and a microphone to be used during the ceremony were provided for us and we're included in our costs. They didn't even charge anything extra. I did ask about a microphone for the reception and it wasn't available for a reasonable cost, but for the ceremony it was included.
                  ~Kelly

Our Awesome Wedding Pics: http://www.delsolpho...ings/kelly&ron/

#1080 bumbles

bumbles
                  • 574 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 03:58 PM

Robin, you've been blogged! Elizabeth Medina Photography So, I blog-stalk my photog... don't judge!

Meredith, our next PRC bride! Can't wait to see pictures and hear stories from your beautiful day :)

Btw, Becks, your Excel to-do list is a LIFESAVER! Thanks for sharing :) Ladies who are still planning, search for it in one fo the subforums. It's awesome.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users