Paradisus Riviera Brides - POST HERE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by B&J2008 View Post
Hi girls! I'm a displaced Dreams Tulum bride due to the closure. Looks like I'm going to now be a Paradisus Riviera bride! I am at a loss, have no idea where to start the research or planning, and we leave in 4 days! I've been trying to read this thread to find out a little about the resort, but truthfully, I'm exhausted! I planned my wedding for DT, and now to start over, I can't do it!

I'm getting ready to go to bed, I'm so tired from the last couple of crazy, stressful days! I just wanted to say hi!
OMG, I can't believe you've had to change everything at the last minute. I've been readng the Dreams threads and feeling so badly for all of you booked there. Here's what I can tell you about Paradisus so far, Perla is amazing to be in contact with. She is so nice and quick to respond to emails. I would be totally comfortable just going to the resort and picking everything out when I got there. A custom package will probably be less expensive than choosing one of their packages and making changes. Our custom package is going to be about half the cost of changing the package we liked best so it was exactly what we wanted. I just emailed her everything I wanted from ceremony decorations, to kind of cake, food, etc. She was great about getting back to me and even offered to call me when we were having some email problems. I would totally trust her to make sure your wedding is everything you've dreamed of. Becks is the most recent bride to get married there... she is super nice and I'm sure could answer some questions you had if you PM her. (heehee, Becks~hope you don't mind be offering your services, lol) Honestly, even tho it may not be your ideal situation, I think you will be really happy with what you end up with. Good luck and you have to tell us all about it!

edited to add: I'm pretty sure Perla has books with tons of photos for options for things like flowers, table linens, napkins, chair bows etc... honestly, I think you will be ok just showing up and picking things out. I really think she will take great care of you, especially if she knows your situation.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Omg B&J I can't believe the dreams Tulum issues! I am so sorry. You will for sure be happy with Paradisus though. It's beautiful, intimate and Perla will take care of you I'm sure.

Fanny- I will just be missing you. We arrive on the 20th! WE should discuss if there are any things we can split the cost of- I don't know what exactly- but I'm just throwing that out there. I have no clue about anything. I think I am the most indecisive bride ever.

We are actually at a loss a little bit about the honeymoon. We were thinking initially travelling to another part of mexico, them switched to Belize then changed our mind again and are rethinking things. The state of the economy is weighing heavily on us as I am finishing grad school and we are also planning a move right after the wedding. Right now it seems too much all at once moneywise so we'll see....

As far as Dj vs ipod- If anyone ever books for my wedding :) then I will probably hire a dj. I have been in contact with Carlos at Mannia and he has a decent rate-($900 for 4 hrs believe)even though you pay $300 to bring him to the resort. They definately play american music. I beleive either dj will present you with a list of songs and you can choose ones that you def want and don't want. Becks gave him a great review but I do know Missy is using Swank so you may want to wait and see.

Sonnia- any questions about the paradisus just feel free to ask. It was great meeting you the other day. I booked 11 months in advance only cause I went there for the site visit and loved it so we put a deposit down. We really wanted Memorial day weekend though and Paradisus only does one wedding per day so I grabbed it.

Brooke - Welcome! If there's anyway I can help, please let me know. Do you have the banquet list, amenities list, etc for Paradisus? If not, I can post them. Your wedding is going to be fantastic and you'll receive extra care since you'll be the only bride for that day!

Yamille - lol, I think between the two of us, no decisions will ever be made! The only things I can think of that we can share are decorations (table overlays, centerpieces, chair bows, etc). Decorating is the part I dread most! Part of me wants to say screw it, just decorate through Paradisus, but the other half says to just lug all that stuff down and save money. I think it would be funny if we had twin weddings with the same decorations! :)

Honeymoons - Kelly, your extended stay w/ Royal Service sounds fantastic. Missy, your hm sounds like SO much fun esp the Chilean wine tour -- what a great idea! Yamille, we were thinking about Belize or traveling around Mexico too. I kind of want to hang around Mexico for a few more days to relax and then take a longer honeymoon in during the freezing winter to Costa Rica or somewhere warm. I HATE winter so much. IMO, it should snow on Christmas Day and the transition to spring should begin immediately after.

Photogs - I don't have any info on the resort's photographer, sorry! My photog is Elizabeth Medina. She's so nice and I love her work.

Sam - I have been working with Daniela and have had only positive experiences so far. She's really friendly and responds to emails in a timely manner.

What time does your wedding begin and end? Ours is 5:30-10:00 for now (including 1 hr cocktail party), but I am thinking of extending it to 11. Yet another detail undecided!

Wow, just realized this is really long and I probably should return to work!

Brooke - Welcome! If there's anyway I can help, please let me know. Do you have the banquet list, amenities list, etc for Paradisus? If not, I can post them. Your wedding is going to be fantastic and you'll receive extra care since you'll be the only bride for that day!

Yamille - lol, I think between the two of us, no decisions will ever be made! The only things I can think of that we can share are decorations (table overlays, centerpieces, chair bows, etc). Decorating is the part I dread most! Part of me wants to say screw it, just decorate through Paradisus, but the other half says to just lug all that stuff down and save money. I think it would be funny if we had twin weddings with the same decorations! :)

Honeymoons - Kelly, your extended stay w/ Royal Service sounds fantastic. Missy, your hm sounds like SO much fun esp the Chilean wine tour -- what a great idea! Yamille, we were thinking about Belize or traveling around Mexico too. I kind of want to hang around Mexico for a few more days to relax and then take a longer honeymoon in during the freezing winter to Costa Rica or somewhere warm. I HATE winter so much. IMO, it should snow on Christmas Day and the transition to spring should begin immediately after.

Photogs - I don't have any info on the resort's photographer, sorry! My photog is Elizabeth Medina. She's so nice and I love her work.

Sam - I have been working with Daniela and have had only positive experiences so far. She's really friendly and responds to emails in a timely manner.

What time does your wedding begin and end? Ours is 5:30-10:00 for now (including 1 hr cocktail party), but I am thinking of extending it to 11. Yet another detail undecided!

Wow, just realized this is really long and I probably should return to work!

If you are looking to save some money - we found that Playaweddings had good photo/video packages. I didn't want to spend a ton of money on the videos and photos and they could do both for a good rate.

BJ - If it makes you feel any better, I've read all the pages of this blog (and tons of wedidng reviews) for the Paradisus and everyone LOVES it! Take heart in that! smile03.gif

Thanks for all of the support girls! Kelly emailed me some info and I greatly appreciate it! I am just now sitting down to take a look at everything. I actually think Landy, my WC from Dreams is coming to Paradisus to handle my wedding, I'm sure with help from the WC there. I just sent them both an email asking for appointments for when we arrive to go over everything. I'm going to try my best to go through this thread as much as possible to get insight from you girls!

Brook - Welcome! I cannot believe that you are having to switcharoo 8 days before you leave - please ask ask ask us - we can give you information and prices for anything and everything.

Daniela has been great - I don't deal with her that much as I deal primarily with Perla but they are both truly wonderful - I had the chance to meet both of them when we did our site visit and have nothing but nice things to say!

In terms of photog - we are bringing our own so I have nothing to add about that. We are using Swank - there really are two options for a DJ - Swank or Mannia - Becks used Mannia and she was happy with the service.. I will be sure to provide a full report on Swank after the 27th of November..

OMG that is sooo soon! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKK!

Perla and Daniela have tons of books of stuff (fabric etc) - the best bet is to send Perla pictures of the stuff you want and they will take care of it - Perla told me they prefer to get pictures so they know exactly what you like!

Kelly sent me some of the menu options, there are lots of them. What are you all choosing? I'm overwhelmed. Is there just the one site for the reception?...it looked really nice. Where is the best location for the ceremony? I was thinking the beach, which is what is was doing at DT. I think we are just using an IPod for music. Are there any tips or anything specific I should know. Thanks so much girls! I have tons of questions, and I will try to read and find out as much as I can on my own, but like I said before, I'm so exhausted! I really appreciate all of the help!

It is overwhelming - We are totally here to help you.

I looked at all the menus and picked items from each to make my own.

We are having - mixed greens with goat cheese, tortilla soup, choice of steak, chicken, pasta, and bananas flambe (with rum and ice cream).

In terms of ceremony and reception - 99% of ppl have the private beach ceremony - that is what we are doing. Then our reception is on the tequila terrace (again a popular choice).

Just ask ask ask!

Are you just customizing your wedidng package instead of choosing one of theirs?

The more I think about this, the crazier it seems! It makes me feel like I'm back 10 months ago, when I first started the planning process. Now I have to do it in 4 days! I know no matter what, it will turn out great, but it's still craziness.

I think I really like the terrace and the private beach ceremony. Can you have dancing on the terrace too? I only have 22 people coming, what are the table options? I was using one long table at DT.