Paradisus Riviera Brides - POST HERE!

So, I emailed Perla on 8/5 about custom wedding package pricing. It was a very detailed email. She responded that day that she was really busy, but would get back to me on 8/11. I still haven't heard from her. Do I send a reminder email or just wait it out a little longer? My wedding isn't until January so its not like I NEED the info right now. I'm just afraid that my email has now gotten buried under all of the others that I'm sure she has received. I should probably just be patient... (don't you love when you answer your own questions lol).

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanny View Post
Can someone clarify something for me?

"Open bar" is soda and still water -- no alcohol. "International open bar" includes alcohol? From the email I received, it seems that's what they were saying. I guess that it's just odd that the "cocktail party" in the package doesn't actually include any cocktails and they charge $10 extra for alcohol per person/hour.

So, the Fantasy package with dinner from the banquet kit, that includes 3 hours of international open bar?

From the Aqua package, does the chef's dinner option include an alcohol bar?
All the appetizer packages include open bar for one hour (international open bar) The Fantasy and Aqua both include the International OPen Bar as well - if you want to add additional hours (say after dinner for dancing then it's $10 per hour per person!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLC77 View Post
So, I emailed Perla on 8/5 about custom wedding package pricing. It was a very detailed email. She responded that day that she was really busy, but would get back to me on 8/11. I still haven't heard from her. Do I send a reminder email or just wait it out a little longer? My wedding isn't until January so its not like I NEED the info right now. I'm just afraid that my email has now gotten buried under all of the others that I'm sure she has received. I should probably just be patient... (don't you love when you answer your own questions lol).
I would resend it. This has happened to me on numerous occasions and I just forward the original email to her and say "not sure if you have had a chance to look at this yet." Sometimes it's just that she is waiting back on pricing for certain things (and I don't know what specifically you've asked!)

If you want specific prices on stuff let me know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissyR View Post
I would resend it. This has happened to me on numerous occasions and I just forward the original email to her and say "not sure if you have had a chance to look at this yet." Sometimes it's just that she is waiting back on pricing for certain things (and I don't know what specifically you've asked!)

If you want specific prices on stuff let me know!
I was going to say the same thing. Just ping her again.

And I've got prices, too, if you're looking for something that Missy doesn't have.

And for those of you who are trying to figure out packages, one piece of advice that Missy and I can both give you because we've been thru it:
If the package you are considering is not EXACTLY what you want (other than head count), you are probably better customizing your own package than trying to modify an existing package. I know that for us, it saved us quite a bit (in excess of $1000) going totally customized rather than modifying any of the other packages.

I promise to get my review posted soon - I'm still trying to work thru some of the hiccups we had and don't want to post my review until that's done and resolved. I will say, though, that the wedding was PERFECT!

And if you're trying to decide on food, and have specific questions we had a whole bunch of different appetizers off of different banquet menus and I can give you my thoughts on anything we had (and some that we didn't - because we tried sooo much). You don't have to go with a fixed banquet menu, either. You can pick and choose.

Oh. And get the tres leches cake. Don't question it, just do. It's amazing. And their pastry chef is incredible! We brought down a photo of a cake and they replicated it. I'm still waiting on my photos, but wow was it pretty!!!

Which reminds me... I need to send Nathaniel a note about my photos. I'm DYING to see them!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by becks View Post

And if you're trying to decide on food, and have specific questions we had a whole bunch of different appetizers off of different banquet menus and I can give you my thoughts on anything we had (and some that we didn't - because we tried sooo much). You don't have to go with a fixed banquet menu, either. You can pick and choose.
On the food front - I went through all the menus Perla sent and picked individual appetizers and courses and then sent her what I wanted and she sent me the per person price. It was always cheaper than taking the pre-existing packages and making changes!

I don't know why Daniela told me that the cocktail party has an open bar which means soda and water only since it is a "cocktail" party. Maybe something has changed for 2009, or I may have been misinformed?

So, the dinner reception package is 3 hours with alcoholic bar for 3 hours too?

From my email and her responses:

"The Fantasy"

For the "1 hour post-ceremony" cocktail party:

- What are the options for "chef's selection of inspired hors d'oeuvres" ?

cheese truffles with chipotle sesame sauce

ham and asparagus

roasted cactus filled with crab

assorted cheese tray with crackers

tuna mousse on toasted rounds

- What type of alcohol is included in this package?

Sodas and water

- How much is it for an additional person (for both hors d'oeuvres and bar)?

$35usd per person.

- What open bar options are included with the plated/buffet dinners? And for what length of time? Is there a minimum # of people to have a buffet?

Well. Any of the packages have included an open bar…only soft drinks and water. If you want to have a reception I suggest you add that using the Banquet Kit, and that ones includes 3 hours of dinner reception and International open bar as well. The minimum I suggest for a buffet is 30 people.

Let me know if I am missing anything and shouldn't be confused with this bar thing! The FI and I are working on customizing our menu this weekend. If you know what to avoid or is fantastic please share : )

Becks, I am so glad the tres leches is delicious! MMM If you visit Washington DC sometime "Oyamel" a tapas restaurant has amazing tres leches :)

Hi Fanny:

It sounds like maybe they've changed things a bit. The sodas and waters thing... I never heard a word about it.

Have you gotten the most updated banquet menus from Perla? I'd be interested to see the differences between what those have and what I received back in February.

I just looked at what I have and none of my menus mention the open bar, but I know they are included.

Of the items she suggested (food), the ham and asparagus and the cactus and crab were tasty, and we included them in our menus. I didn't try the cheese puffs or the tuna. One thing I will suggest is that we had an antipasta tray with salamis and cheese. It was too hot to have it. Things got soft - not melty, just soft. If I were to do it again, I'd either have them set it on an ice tray to keep it super cold, or I'd not serve it.

Hi all! Just introducing myself and welcoming advice. The FI and I are getting married 04.17.09 at the Paradisus Riviera. So far we have 33 rooms booked with 72 attending. We're doing the beach ceremony (symbolic) and reception on the terrace. We're working w/ Victor from SWANK for the DJ - expensive! I wanna do a sit down dinner, any menu suggestions? What type of OOT bags did you all give? Oh, what about centerpieces? ~Holly

Hi Holly:

I'm not sure what you mean by the difference - they are a different company. For me, they were less expensive, even after paying the pass thru fee to SWANK. Plus, I felt much better about using them than I did with SWANK - I just never got a good feeling from SWANK.

Look back thru the old threads and see what you can find. I know there are also a couple of threads with reviews on Carlos and Mannia, as well, just use the search tool. His e-mail is info@manniacancun.com.mx