Paradisus Riviera Brides - POST HERE!

Hey guys,

I have a question. Do any of you think that the extra charge for the open bar with your wedding package is a little too much? Especially since PRC is an all-inclusive resort. $10 per person per hour is an extra $800 on top of the regular package (based on the 20ppl for the pkg) plus I was thinking of extending it an extra hour. For some reason I feel like if we could drink all we want because of the AI, being charged $200 an hour doesn't make sense. Maybe I'm just being cheap... lol

What do you think?

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

KLC- I agree that it is expensive. Their rates are higher in general. FI and I have sort of agreed that we will deal with what we can becuase we seemed tio have narrowed it down to PRC and one other. The official decision will be made when I go there next week. It seems like everytime I compare it to others it still wions in my book. don't get me wrong though some of their amenities are SUPER rediculous. My favorite so far is $1100 for 45 mins of Mariachi !?!

For me it was a trade off. I knew that if we wanted a private reception we would have to pay extra. The bar cost seems a tad ridiculous although I decided a long time ago that I would rather pay a little more at a resort where the WC's emailed and responded to my quieries and requests daily and bent over backwards to provide assistance and information than save some money and be stressed and frustrated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissyR View Post
For me it was a trade off. I knew that if we wanted a private reception we would have to pay extra. The bar cost seems a tad ridiculous although I decided a long time ago that I would rather pay a little more at a resort where the WC's emailed and responded to my quieries and requests daily and bent over backwards to provide assistance and information than save some money and be stressed and frustrated!
It is pricey - but from what I've seen of other resorts in the area, the $10 pp is within range. All of the RM resorts charge per person per hour for the private bar setup. One thought, if you want to go longer, you can all just make your way over to the lobby bar, where the drinks are free.

The music prices are ridiculous. I have no idea if the pricing is competitive with other resorts or not - we didn't check on that. However, if you can find another band, you can probably bring them in - but be prepared to pay the outside vendor fee. My suggestion - use an iPod and load it just the way you want or hire a DJ. The live music is just SO expensive. Plus, you pay for 45 minutes - which means they take a 15 minute break every hour and you're using recorded music to fill that time anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoebe75 View Post
KLC- I agree that it is expensive. Their rates are higher in general. FI and I have sort of agreed that we will deal with what we can becuase we seemed tio have narrowed it down to PRC and one other. The official decision will be made when I go there next week. It seems like everytime I compare it to others it still wions in my book. don't get me wrong though some of their amenities are SUPER rediculous. My favorite so far is $1100 for 45 mins of Mariachi !?!
Just an FYI for music prices, Here is what I got from Le Meridien... It is basically the same price but it is an hour long, instead of 45 min.. may be you can negotiate with Paradisus to make it an hour long at leasthuh.gif smile67.gif

Le Meridien MUSIC OPTIONS
Classic Quartet (01 hr.)$ 960.00 USD
Classic Trio (01 hr.)$ 860.00 USD
Classic Duo (01 hr.)$ 750.00 USD
Classic Solo Player (01 hr.)$ 500.00 USD
DJ Music (05 hrs.)$1135.00 USD
Sax Player (01 hr.)$ 500.00 USD
Mexican Trio (01 hr.)$ 720.00 USD
Mariachi (01 hr.)$1130.00 USD

In my opinion The Paradisus is #1 even though the prices are definitely higher than other places. After researching a bunch of the other resorts I concluded that you definitely get what you pay for at the Paradisus. A lot of the resorts may charge slightly less but the quality of their services is drastically less!

I have only worked with Perla so far, but she has been extremely helpful and attentive to everything I have asked for.

I leave tomorrow morning to meet with Perla this weekend to go over all of the plans and do cake and food tastings. She has been so accommodating with letting us taste certain items that will be on our wedding menu which is super helpful.

If any of you have questions that you would like me to ask her, or anything you want me to check on while I'm there, just let me know!! Also, I will get to see Michele's wedding!!

Riviera- Thanks! I have really done no research on the music. This actually makes me feel better.

Futuremrsjones- I agree that you get what you pay for. This is the reason that we have narrowed it down to well basically the paradisus. We haven't put our deposit down because FI really wants to see it so that will happen next week I guess. All the research that I did on the other resorts left me wanting something "else". The paradisus is able to give me everything that I want. Yes it's more expensive but it's definately worth it. In the end- you pay for quality. Did you go visit before or will this be your first trip? I have had email correspondence with Elisa but I hear that Perla is amazing. I am guessing that they work as a team?

Wow that'sreally cool that you will be there for Michelle's wedding. It's amazing that I feel connected to you ladies and want to the best for you all just from this forum. What a nice surprise!

Hey Paradisus Brides-

Although I have switched over to Dreams PV, I have to mention that I have had wonderful experiences dealing with Perla at the Paradisus. We have been corresponding over email. I've been sending her emails with like 10 paragraph long questions and then she gets back to me rather quickly with very thorough answers. The reason we decided to opt for another location was because we really love PV and we didn't like the idea of having our backup location for the reception (for our 25-40 guests) be the ballroom. Since the ballroom wasn't exceptable we were considering renting a tent if it happened to rain, but we've just decided that spending that extra money is a waste if we can find a resort that has a good open air backup option for the reception dinner.

Anyways, I thought I'd still attach these menus for the PRC brides to review. These are standard menus for the Tequilla grill and Capri.

Good luck planning. I know the Paradisus is a beautiful resort and I know you all will love it.

Britt

Tequila_Grill_(Ing).pdf

CAPRI_-_ENG.doc