• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissyR View Post
On the DJ front - apparently Mannia has a website - here's the link!

MANNIA - Audio, Video e Iluminación Profesional
Excellent news - when we booked him the site was either down or in process - but his old address didn't have the .mx suffix so maybe this is new. FI was looking for something like this!

On "the other DJ" front the latest email from Swank has pretty much made up my mind to go with Carlos Mannia. It's not bad - I just sort of find him really pushy.

If you recall from previous posts he tried to charge us the 2008 rates until I informed him that we had booked and paid in 2007 - Perla said she would talk to him... here is his recent email..

"Please find in the attached file the formal proposal with a final price of $1,372,80 us dollars, this is the price of 2007 ($ 1,250.00 plus Taxes).

This is a price for a DJ service for 4 hours, if you decided to add any extra hour or fraction, please you will have to add $ 170.00 us dollars per hour.

Also so we can respect this prices, please I will like to clarify that you should have to decided no far than May 15 2008, because our administrator system is going to change, and I will not be able to hold the actual price."

What does he mean they cannot hold that price? LOL - Basically Mannia for us for 5 hours would be $1025 so I think we are going to go with him and book tomorrow!

Woo hoo!!! And Mannia provides lighting which would have cost you another $600 with Swank.

Seriously....

On another front, I've got an appointment at the spa for a trial run hair styling when we go down next month, so I'll be sure to let you know how we do. I want an updo (because of the wind and so forth), so I'll be bringing down a bunch of photos and sharing them with the stylist. I'll make FI take pics of how it turns out so I can share.

On the DJ Front- This morning I sent an email to Victor with Swank questioning his prices and telling him I was thinking of using Mannia.

About 10 minutes after I sent the email, I got a PHONE CALL from Victor. He explained to me that he is willing to work with me for whatever I need and that he is not trying to gauge me or anyone else. I told him that I wanted him to come down on his price or I would be forced to use Mannia to save money.

This is what he said in a nutshell: He would definitely come down on his price to accommodate me. Swank is a huge Audio Visual company that operates all over Mexico and the U.S. His DJ's speak perfect English and are all in the best clubs in Cancun and know how to mix the music and host weddings. He also said they are "in house" at the Paradisus and have access to a whole warehouse of equipment there in case anything malfunctions. He said the hotel nor him are familiar with Mannia's services. He was very very nice and actually made me feel very comfortable with everything. He said he was going to speak to his manager and see how far he could come down. He told me not to worry and that he would email me this afternoon with a better price.

Now I don't know what to do. I know Mannia seems a lot cheaper, but if Swank can come down on his price, I kinda feel like he is more familiar with the hotel and Swank is more experienced with DJ Services. I also feel like the hotel guarantees Swank's performance and I don't know with Mannia. I wonder if it is like staying at the Ritz vs. The Holiday Inn?

Help!!

I totally agree which is part of the reason why I am having a hard time deciding. I know that SWANK is completely familiar and has an established relationship with Paradisus etc. which makes me feel more comfortable. I wonder how far Swank would be willing to come down? I mean - I figured it out that Mannia would be $1025 for me for five hours with lights etc. included b/c we booked in 2007 so he is honouring those prices.

Did Swank give you any idea as to when he was going to let you know?

For what it's worth, Carlos at Mannia told me that they used to be the DJ service provider at the Paradisus in 2005 and 2006. So if Victor is telling you that the Paradisus doesn't know Mannia, someone is lying....

Here's his note:

"... i called Elisa from Paradisus and she saids that she has no problem for us to work at the Paradisus , we use to be their Dj provider during 2005 and 2006 untill they get a contract with Swank,so they know the way that we work , in all those years the hotel did not get any damage because of us , but well , the thing here is that now i have to talk with the person on charge of SWANK , and everything depends of what we talk , i will call him during the day , wish me luck..."

I am very curious to see what SWANK comes back with price-wise.

Interesting! Swank just emailed me saying he would "work on my quote" after I told him that we were getting 5 hours and lights for $750. He wanted the name and contact person who we had gotten the quote from - I told him Mannia and directed him to their website..

Becks I think that may have sealed it for me - I didn't know he was their DJ before - here I was thinking he had no idea about the PAradisus..

I don't know, but I haven't asked.

If I were to wager a guess, it would be because swank probably pays a higher fee to the hotel in order to be their exclusive vendor. I'm just guessing, but from what I've seen on other posts, that appears to be a driving force in these situations (not that I'm cynical or jaded or anything).