Paradisus Riviera Brides - POST HERE!

Just tried opening the spreadsheets again and it worked this time! Printing out and looking them over now. So, Melissa thank you and no need to send them. I think this will help me understand the breakdown much more clearly. Off I go...

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Perla's e-mail is guest.paradisus.riviera.cancun@solmelia.com

If the package has most of what you want, then you're probably okay. On the other hand, if you're customizing a little bit of everything, have someone price it out with the Wish package. Melissa and I both found it to be about $1000 cheaper.

In other news, having just booked our plane tickets to go down in May, FI and I arrived home last night to a wedding invitation for the same weekend. A wedding we really can't skip. So, tickets are cancelled and we're looking for a different weekend. We may end up there for your wedding after all Michelle!

Just breathe! I swear sometimes they don't know how much stress they cause!

I asked Perla to quote me based on the Fantasy, Aqua and Wish quotes - they are all essentially for the same things but I wanted to see if there was a price difference.

In terms of the hor doeurves - we didn't like the Fantasy at all and it was going to be $15 per person to change so if there is a package that you like from the hor doeurves it may be cheaper just to use the WISH and build on from there. I think each additional appetizer is $3 per person. The appetizer packages all include 1 hour of open bar (as does the Fantasy).

If you use the PRC speaker system for the reception and hook up your ipod to that I believe that the cost is about $450. If you go with a Package the mic and speakers are included for the ceremony only so you would either have to pay extra or use a DJ.

She quoted me $150 for the Aqua cake but that is based on 40 ppl - yours would be $50 I think (based on the package she sent me!)

Fire away more questions! IF you want help putting together a spreadsheet PM me and I can help!

Becks-OMG Im super excited and nervous all at once that you might be there the weekend of our wedding! Let us know when you decide and if you are dont be a stranger smile29.gif

LeShay still no word on the other form of entertainment but I will keep you posted. I also asked Perla about substituting appetizers but she said no, that I could only add on at an additional cost. I might just do that.

J-You should definately call again and email with CC'ing Perla, you should not be held accountable for a change fee when they have not gotten back to your several requests. Also def. look at Melissas excel files, they are super helpful. Ive been putting mine together and its great.

So does anyone know if white chair bows are included? I only need them for the ceremony and spending $4 seems like a waste for 30min, I like the sound of Leshays find at $1 but Im not sure what I would do with them after the fact. Maybe we should share if we have the same color scheme.

No chair bows are included. I'm thinking of bringing my own - who cares what you do with them after, they are still cheaper! Make a scrunchie for your hair, sew thiem into little bags and give all your Xmas gifts in them. I'm trying to find some that I like on e-bay.

hey there ladies...haven't been on in awhile since i was feverishly trying to re-plan our wedding. no joke, we bounced from the riviera maya to st lucia to aruba to USVI to BVI to Turks and Caicos to South Beach Miami before coming back to Riviera Maya - the shangri-la caribe...and amazingly we're keeping the same date (1/17/09)! crazy huh?

its been fun catching up on all your posts and seeing how your plans are coming along! wish i was still part of this group, but i wish you all good luck!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenamono View Post
Becks-OMG Im super excited and nervous all at once that you might be there the weekend of our wedding! Let us know when you decide and if you are dont be a stranger
We rebooked. And despite my best efforts, we won't be there for your wedding Michele. crybaby2.gif FI didn't want to wait to the end of the month, because we need to finalize some things in order to put them in our formal invites, and we want them out by mid-May. So we're going down the weekend of the 16th.

speaking of things... anyone heard from Perla or Elisa lately? I've gotten no response to e-mails sent almost a week ago. And I got a non-delivery notice for a note I sent yesterday.

We're thinking of bringing a photog with us - Melissa: have you checked with Elisa or Perla to see if there are any insurance requirements or anything if you're bringing in an outside photog as a guest? I just want to make sure I know what we're in for before we pay a non-refundable deposit.

On the DJ front, Carlos @ Mannia has apparently placed multiple phone calls to Swank and gotten no reply. This seriously brings into question their professionalism. I've turned all music related decisions over to FI (yippee!!), though, so he gets to deal with this one.

I got an email from Perla on Friday night and then she hasn't respond to one I sent her - wonder what's up..

On the DJ front - I have always had a weird vibe from Swank - I just didn't feel as though they were professional from the beginning -this just makes we want to use them even less!

I did as her if we had to pay a fee for our photog since they are staying with us for the week and she said no - but I need to double check! THere is no way I am paying a fee if they are there all week with us!