Paradisus Riviera Brides - POST HERE!

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i asked Perla via email if she can offer me any other photogs, i told her i looked at the Mexican Wedding Photos but was not thrilled with their photos. She did offer me to check out Claudia Rodriguez, yet she indicated that i have to pay $300 for bringing an outside vendor!!!

i asked her if i use claudia as photog and miguel Cantarelli as a videogr. whether i still have to pay $300 she still has not reply.

What package are you girls taking for photo with claudia and video??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa Radolli View Post
Thanks for this! I agree that some of their vendors are mucho $$$ - YOu think we can find our own off the list? Not that I want more work but for things like the Mariachi I don't really want to pay $750 for 45 minutes
Yes the prices listed in the brochure are for the full 4 hours. Dont give them any ideas LOL.

Melissa you can definately bring in your own vendors just be aware that you will have to pay an additional $300 for any outside vendors. Ridiculous if you ask me, apparently a lot of resorts do this. They actually only use to charge the day/night pass fees but things changed for 2008. Maybe there is a way to get around this but I couldnt find one.

Good point - but if I can find a Mariachi for $250 an hour I can get them for two hours plus the $300 fee for the same price as the resort will charge me for 45 minutes..

Anyone know any good MAriachis?

On another note - what kind of contract did you girls sign with the resort?

actually, we haven't signed a contract with the resort at this point, just put down the deposit. we were waiting to hear back on the group room rate that has been a standing issue now for over a month...i should get on it!

i would think you could find a mariachi band for $250/hour...i'll do some researching...i'm not particularly motivated at the office today anyway :)

Hi Ladies:

I'm working out the details of my contract currently, but it's really not that overwhelming. Mostly it talks about attrition rates for the food and beverage expenses and how to make payment for the deposit. It also includes a basic outline of the event - ceremony - cocktail hour - dinner - dancing and drinking.

Frankly, it doesn't even tell me for sure what the deposit amount is.

Some of the things I want cleaned up before I sign include the impact of changes to the menu, verifying use of certain facilities, and a clause about credit or refund of prepayment in the event of a hurricane/natural disaster (wedding is in August).

Once I get it finalized, I'll post a copy.

I just emailed Perla on a couple things and thought I would post the response:

'"Good afternoon! You can customize the packages, but a surcharge will apply on every change or add that you do. Please let me know!

Yes you can change the appetizers or the menu, a surcharge will apply and it depends on the items you pick.

No we donâ€t give any kind of discount on the weddings even though all of you stay at the resort or book through the hotel."

I could have sworn that Monica got a discount on the food b/c she arranged a room block with the hotel