Paradisus Riviera Brides - POST HERE!

I'm very frustrated with the resort right now. They keep changing wedding coordinators on us and now they don't know who they have for us to use as they are still figuring out the new management. Anyone else having second thoughts about choosing this hotel now? My wedding is about 3 months away and I feel like I'm no further in the planning than I was in February when I decided to go with this resort. Is it too late to choose another location?

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sadly that happen to me as well, when they changed hotel names and planners for the 2nd time on me my TA contacted me and said she didn't feel comfortable with me getting married there and switched me over to the Azul hotel (best thing she had done for me) they granged the same prices we had paid and gave us 30% off everything wedding related.

I do wonder how it would turn out but thankful everything worked out at Azul

everything will work... i have faithin that. trust me it was horrible the week i switched 20 rooms to a new hotel and told me ppl change of plans this hotel not that.

I had the issues that they had just changed and fired alot of ppl. I was dealing with daniel and cecilia but cecilia in all honesty never wrote me or spoke to me only daniel did.  which was her assistant, after i left the hotel i got an email saying with the new changes and some cancellations we have more time to dedicate to your wedding. I was like WTH does that mean. i'm out. i want to say this was a month and a hlaf before my wedding. 

I saw the hotel when i was in mexico and it looks very pretty. once ur there they'll figure it out.

i have faith. just be sure to go there and take charge :)

Originally Posted by sarahrose View Post

I'm really glad everything worked out for you! I think it's too late to change because people have booked already, but I am really getting nervous here! It feels like nothing will work out at this point.

Hi,

I really wouldn't worry too much. My wedding was June 12- within a month of the hotel changing over ownership- so everything was crazy. Everything worked out perfectly. I really had very little set in stone for the wedding until a few weeks before. My suggestion would be to look at the wedding packages and figure out what you want- then start making lists of everything you want and how you want it to go. That's what I did- so I had a plan (even if they didn't). It all worked out perfectly. They knew what I wanted when I got there and were able to make changes once I got there and saw the resort. There were some mistakes, but it is impossible for everything to go perfectly. I had a blast and all of my guests did as well. I think that the changes they are making are for the better. I hope this makes you feel better, but I know that stressful feeling.

I totally agree with ktchi.  We were recently there and I had the very same concerns that my wedding is 2 months away and I have not planned anything but as you'll find out they are used to planning pretty much a month before.  I feel much better after speaking with them.  Daniela got into a car accident recently and has been out for a few weeks but is supposed to be back next Friday.  In the meantime, they have someone training and just hired another WC named Sandra. 

I think we I didn't understand and a lot of DW brides don't is that DW aren't planned like they are in the states where you plan months and months in advance. When they told me I would finalize everything when we arrived, I almost fell over but now I understand that they do this almost everyday and know what they are doing.

Don't worry! It will work out great!

Thanks for the encouraging words. Thank goodness my mother is helping me out a lot with this wedding or I really would just go crazy. Instead we get to go crazy together. :)

I'm sure it will be fine and I'm really trying to just let it be and what happens, happens. It's just sometimes hard to keep that point of view when it seems like every week something else changes at the resort and it's impossible to get answers.

Avong, what kinds of changes are they making at the hotel aesthetically?

Hi ladies! Just checking in with all my Paradisus Brides!

I promise things will work out - even with the change in ownership.. and the ladies are right.. if your wedding is next month they have 10-15 weddings to worry about before yours... just keep telling yourself that!

Hope everyone is doing well!

MissyR, good to see you on here.  All your previous posts helped out so much and thanks for starting the thread!

Sarahrose, I didn't see any changes take place aesthetically while I was there but my TA found out they will be redoing some of the rooms to make it more "sapphire" and changing out some furniture, pictures, etc. which is a good thing. Beds as well!

Overall the resort is beautiful and really doesn't need much to be changed at all.

Daniela did tell me that they are working on improving the entertainment as well.

If you have any questions, ask away.  Not sure if can answer but you never know!

Hi Ladies!

It's been so long... I have been going non-stop all summer and haven't even logged into BDW! It's all changed around... I think I like it!

I only read back a couple of pages but it kinda sounds like some brides are worried about this new ownership change. I can't say that I have been completely stress free about it either but I think everything will work out in the end. And really, how much is there to plan. I started out going crazy " I need to do this, I need to do that" but really, they will do everything once you get there. The most important thing is that you will be marrying your best friend with all the people you love watching. I dont think anything could ruin that!