Paradisus Riviera Brides - POST HERE!

If anyone is having the bali bed and tiki torch set up here is what it looks like. We used it for the Cocktail party and people also got to enjoy it during the reception once the dancing had started. It was worth the extral $1000!!!! We only had 27 people but if you have a larger group they will set up more lounge chairs and give you another baili bed.

Click the image to open in full size.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow Amy! All this information is very reassuring! I have only heard from the resort once since the change over. And I'm pretty sure it was an email they sent to everyone. So frustrated. I just want a new wedding calculator so I can see how much this is going cost!

Your pictures are stunning by the way. Congratulations on your wedding!

hi guys! i'm back from our friends wedding weekend at the Now Sapphire/Paradisus and I have to say - it was probably the most fun wedding we have ever been to :)

She had about 150 guests - invited 350 on Sunday night.

I will break down my experience by catagory so you can get an idea of my opinion:

Check-in:

We had transfers arranged thru the group TA with Olympus tours (i am also using them for our wedding). Since Paradisus is closest to the airport, we were 1st to be dropped off. We were greeted by a bellman who said "welcome home" with a cold towel and motioned toward check-in. Someone brought by 2 glasses of champagne for us and we were there for 5 min tops and brought to our room in a golf cart.

Room

- We had a tropical view room king bed (room 1429) - the rooms are nothing special and are in definite need of an upgrade. The are no frills and the beds were extremely hard. There is a mini-fridge stocked with soft drinks, water and beer each day.

Beach

- there was a lot of seaweed on the beach which they tried to rake away but it seemed as though they can't keep up with it. It was still nice and much more peaceful to lay there during the day than at the main pool where it was very loud and noisy all day.

Wedding events

- a welcome bag was delivered to our room on Friday evening around 6pm. After that, they hosted a happy hour in the lobby bar and they split the group in 2 for dinner in Capri and L'Hermitage - both restaurants were closed for the group and they had set menus and seating with place cards.

Saturday Night - Rehearsal dinner on the pool terrace overlooking the beach.

- this was more of a cocktail party with appetizers and then a buffet dinner. They had music going from a DJ - not sure who he was. After, everyone went to the lobby bar and the "Fun Pub" (the resorts version of a club).

Sunday - Wedding Day

I know the bride flew in her hair dresser and did her own make-up so I am unsure if anyone in the bridal party used the Spa for their services. A friend of mine got a mani-pedi and she said it wasn't a great experience - she actually cut her nails using a cuticle cutter and not a nail clipper - odd.

As for the wedding - she had already requested the Chill out chic package before the change over so they accommodated her with all of the furniture on the beach which was set up next to the ceremony. It was very hot as a guest at 6:30pm - my fiance and many of the other guests were sweating through their shirts and needed to change afterwards. I would have provided the guests with fans maybe - she chose flip flops which was a nice touch - you couldn't put your heels back on anyway afterwards b/c the terrace where the reception was wood panels and everyone's heels were either getting stuck or falling. After the ceremony, we were motioned to the area on the beach with the furniture and tables for cocktail hour while the bride and groom took some pics (they used Elizabeth Medina).

There was sushi rolls, shrimp cocktail and other hand passed apps - plus to trays of hot apps - one was a chicken and mixed veggie dish and the other i think was a beef.

The shrimp cocktail seemed to be a signature app since it was served at each of the events we attended.

As for drinks, there was a bar on the terrace and waiters on the beach with champagne, beer, and frozen margaritas.

Dinner - we had mozzarella caprese salads for appetizers and surf and turf for the entree - lobster tails and steaks. It was delicious - probably the best meal we had the whole time we were there this weekend.

Music- They flew in a DJ from NYC - where were are from - and it was amazing. They didn't do a lot of the traditional wedding things but it was still a great time.

Overall, we had a great weekend with our friends. The resort seems to be a little outdated and the change over to the Now is going to do this property a lot of good. They could definitely do a revamp to the menus and food and the staff was all very friendly to us.

I hope I covered everything - if you have any questions, let me know - I also took a lot of pics that I can send if you would like - just msg me your email and i'll be happy to send them from snapfish :)

I understand how you guys feel. Their communication skills are not the greatest but I do know that they are incredibly busy. We were there for 1 week and they had a wedding everyday except for 1. I didn't get my total cost until a week before the wedding!! It ended up changing once we actually got to the resort and spoke to the wedding coordinator becuase we added a few extra things.

Hi ladies. I don't know if you guys are still in need of information. I sent in a request off the NOW website today and got the prices for 2011 along with some awesome pictures of previous weddings. I will be more than happy to share them with you if you would like. PM me!!!!