Photo

hi everybody

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 rdrgrl724

rdrgrl724
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 08:45 PM

I am not actually engaged but my bf and i have been together for 8 years. We are discussing the possibility of having a destination wedding in Cancun. We vacationed there and fell in love with it last year! We are mainly trying to figure out what kind of a budget we need to have a destination wedding there.

Thanks...

#2 Christine

Christine
    • VIP Member
    • 21,514 posts
    • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
    • Wedding Location:Napa, California
    • LocationReno, NV

Posted 03 January 2007 - 08:47 PM

welcome...I am sure you will find the answers to most of your questions here.
    Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#3 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 24,768 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 08:51 PM

Hi there, and welcome! You've come to the right place for help, that's for sure ... check out these threads on budgets, and it should help some. When are you thinking of having your wedding, have you got that far yet? Let us know what other questions you have, and we’ll try to help!

http://bestdestinati....com/forum/t933
      http://bestdestinati...com/forum/t1495
      http://bestdestinati...com/forum/t2105
      http://bestdestinati...com/forum/t1788

#4 NHPT

NHPT
      • 3,848 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 09:08 PM

welcome! you will find a lot of information on here but let us know if we can help you with anything!
        Destination Wedding Cabo San Lucas (3-29-07) Proud Momma to Avery (3-21-08) and Gracyn (10-12-10)

#5 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
        • 5,248 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 09:10 PM

Welcome! Good luck with your planning. Can't wait to hear when you get engaged.

-Glenda

#6 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
          • 11,659 posts
          • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 03 January 2007 - 09:18 PM

welcome to the forum. the ladies have given you some great advice! let us know how else we can help.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
          Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
          Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
          Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
          sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
          Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#7 Jackie

Jackie
          • 2,290 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 10:15 PM

Welcome to the forum. I think you will find that around hear there is a big fluctuation between brides and their budgets. Some have done it for 10k and some for much much more. All have come out buetifull! It depends on what you want. Big extravagant or medium classic or very small intimate.
            Let us know if you have any specific questions. Everyone is so helpfull around here!
            My Dreams Cabo Wedding Review
            http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t22576

#8 -Kate-

-Kate-
            • VIP Member
            • 7,676 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 06:58 PM

Welcome!

I was totally a lurker on this site before I got engaged too. There was a period of time where I wasn't working and basically used that time to plan our wedding. My FI used to tease me that when we did finally get engaged I would make one call, say "Go Code Blue" and everything would be set.

And that's basically what happened! Because of my "pre-searching" I had the place, photographer, DJ, videographer, and coordinator picked within 1 month of engagement. It helped SO much!!!

#9 mexico15

mexico15
              • 250 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 07:04 PM

Welcome! You will get most of your questions answered here. Let us know when the big question is popped :)

#10 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
                • 5,248 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 02:49 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by LALA
                  Welcome!

I was totally a lurker on this site before I got engaged too. There was a period of time where I wasn't working and basically used that time to plan our wedding. My FI used to tease me that when we did finally get engaged I would make one call, say "Go Code Blue" and everything would be set.

And that's basically what happened! Because of my "pre-searching" I had the place, photographer, DJ, videographer, and coordinator picked within 1 month of engagement. It helped SO much!!!

Kate you are too funny! You are such a lawyer planning ahead of time before even being engaged. I always looked at things before I was engaged too. Just couldn't help myself!

-Glenda

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users