Sign in to follow this  
MelanieS

What Is Your Dad Wearing?

My dad wore a dark suit - we told him he didn't haver to since Dan was wearing khaki but he wanted to and I think he looked great :)

In this pic you can totally tell I'm trying not to cry! hee hee hee...

Click the image to open in full size.

I think both my dad and my FI's dad are going to wear khakis and a button down shirt... not sure what color... I want it to be different from what the groomsmen are wearing (FI is wearing khakis and white button down shirt, gm khakis and orange button down shirts... all long sleeve, but probably rolled up)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkashmira View Post
My dad wore a dark suit - we told him he didn't haver to since Dan was wearing khaki but he wanted to and I think he looked great :)

In this pic you can totally tell I'm trying not to cry! hee hee hee...

He looks great!

My dad will be wearing (if not this exact shirt!) something very similar to this:
With some sort of slacks or khakis, not sure what he'll choose.

Not sure what my dad will wear. My mom thinks I should leave it up to him, so I am just going to wait and see what he comes up with. I would like him to wear something similar to the more casual clothes posted. Short sleeved shirt and khacki's.

My dad is going to wear the same white shirt as the groomsmen but just with regular khakis. I liked the look of the Mexican wedding shirts, but not so much four pockets. I found these Guayamisa shirts, that have "the look and comfort of a Guayabera with the feel and design of a dressy shirt."

better view of the shirt in blue

we discussed doing guayaberas, but in the end decided that both our dads are going to wear khaki cotton or khaki colored linen suits.

Has anyone else's FFIL went out and bought his own shirt to wear that totally won't match anyone elsehuh.gif I tried telling him and FMIL BEFORE they bought a $60 Tommy Bahama shirt that we would like the fathers to wear something similar... now they won't even show us what the shirt looks like... ugh... in-law problems already....