Cost of wedding bands

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#51 Nene

Nene
  • 86 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 12:09 PM

Click the image to open in full size.Additional Photos

So I got this ring ladies instead of the 5k one? I love it- it is simple with alot of meaning:

From one point of view, the image is the weaving of a flowering plant; yet, the motif can also be viewed as arms of two lovers reaching up, with lives intertwined and connecting, one to the heavens and one to the earth.
    So that is what I settled on?

It was still pricey 1,249 but I wanted something different so that what I get.

#52 antonia321

antonia321
    • 122 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 02:53 PM

OMG! that ring is gorgeous! I would have loved a ring like that! I didn't choose my e-ring or band. How does it look with your e-ring?

#53 foxytv

foxytv
      • VIP Member
      • 7,740 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 03:39 PM

The ring you chose is gorgeous!

Our rings are very different as well Mine was $2500+ and his was $600 ... but they are exactly what we wanted. $5k would have been a little much though, at least for us. lol

#54 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 3,754 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 05:53 PM

I agree with the trend, it depends on your budget. We paid $1000 for both.

#55 babyg

babyg
          • 73 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 09:38 PM

Wow - that is way too much for me.... but I know many people who think nothing about investing in Jewelry. As for what we are doing about our bands.... I have a big wide beautiful engagement ring and I have tried all kinds of wedding bands with it. It just makes my hand/fingers look shorter. I even considered having a ring custom made. I have finally decided that I am not going to have a band and my FI will slip the engagement ring on my finger during the vows. We will spend about $500 on a band for my FI. At least that is the cost of the ring he likes so far. Nothing fancy, his taste.
            Good luck with picking out bands.
            Terri and John

#56 kristendotcom

kristendotcom
            • 294 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 09:40 PM

We bought ours from bluenile.com. They have great prices- check them out online, mine was 900 and my fiances was 575.

#57 monicaswave

monicaswave
              • 450 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 10:58 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Nene
                Click the image to open in full size.Additional Photos

So I got this ring ladies instead of the 5k one? I love it- it is simple with alot of meaning:

From one point of view, the image is the weaving of a flowering plant; yet, the motif can also be viewed as arms of two lovers reaching up, with lives intertwined and connecting, one to the heavens and one to the earth.
                So that is what I settled on?

It was still pricey 1,249 but I wanted something different so that what I get.
                Your new choice is gorgeous!!! I'm sure you made the right decision.

#58 caroline

caroline
                • 697 posts

Posted 11 May 2008 - 09:04 AM

My FH and I were looking at wedding rings recently and he wants a cheap one... made some witty remark about not wearing it anyway...

I was originally looking at the one that was designed with my engagement ring and that iss somewhere between $900-1100... but have since started drooling over a Bvulgari band! (probably not a great move for his part! LOL) I don't know how it will look with the ER though...

#59 BillysBride

BillysBride
                  • 1,255 posts

Posted 11 May 2008 - 09:27 AM

Relative is right. With the price we're paying for everything else, we're trying to keep the bands under 1K...for both of us. I got my dream ring for the engagement, and luckily the matching band is only another $500. He's the simple type, but I do want his band to have some diamonds, but still...I can find one he'll like for around five hundred as well I know. For us, spending thousands on the bands wasn't logical..we would rather put the money elsewhere..like another day in paradise down there.
                    Savannah

http://i17.photobuck....inecollage.jpgThe Fab Four (my quads) Meryn, Kellen, Nico & Layla
                    http://global.thekno...rs/tt265ad.aspxhttp://www.mywedding...nnah/index.html20 STD's w. pre-lim RSVP sent 6/15/09: 7 "Yes" so far/10 guests total!

#60 Nene

Nene
                    • 86 posts

Posted 11 May 2008 - 12:18 PM

Antonia I am just like you- I did not get to pick my e ring which is fine. I love my e ring! Now that I get to pick my band I went for it! I love different and creative things. And also, I think my band will match my e-ring

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users