Photo

Ceremony songs

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#51 Bunsie3

Bunsie3
  • 85 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 05:40 PM

All great ideas...has anyone used a mariachi band for their ceremony?

#52 JHarwood2Be

JHarwood2Be
    • 687 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 03:42 PM

Does anyone have Alison Krauss "When you say nothing at all"? I have the live version off of iTunes, but it has too much background noise.
      Photography by Tamm's Photos
      http://www.ezticker.....aya/ticker.png

#53 Jess

Jess
      • 4,455 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 07:16 PM

okay ladies I need your advice! We are getting married in the main Catholic Church in Puerto Vallarta - it is an old Cathedral....is it super tacky to have recorded music and not a live musician of some sort? I don't think it is tacky on the beach, but in a Church - I go both ways.

Second, if we do the recorded music, is it wrong to have different songs (like the ones you girls are talking about) - or do we need to go the traditional route?

#54 cougs

cougs

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 12,151 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 07:30 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Jess
          okay ladies I need your advice! We are getting married in the main Catholic Church in Puerto Vallarta - it is an old Cathedral....is it super tacky to have recorded music and not a live musician of some sort? I don't think it is tacky on the beach, but in a Church - I go both ways.

Second, if we do the recorded music, is it wrong to have different songs (like the ones you girls are talking about) - or do we need to go the traditional route?
          i don't know about in mexico, but in the US as far as i know the catholic church will not allow secular music. i think you may be forced to go traditional. might be worth it ... an old mexican cathedral sounds beautiful! :)

#55 Jess

Jess
          • 4,455 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 07:38 PM

oh good call - I didn't even think about that!

#56 DarcyJAde

DarcyJAde
            • 305 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 03:45 PM

In Punta Cana, at the Melia Caribe they have a musical trio that I read is worth the money. we are planning on having them.
              http://img.weddingco...r/8vbdydmgt.png

[SIGPIC][SIGPIC][/SIGP
              [/SIGPIC] 40 PEOPLE BOOKED!!!

#57 scottgm2

scottgm2
              • 229 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 03:59 PM

now days it seem to be all about what the bride wants. you can choose what ever music you like best. things have become less etched in stone

#58 Ariann

Ariann
                • 3 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 10:44 AM

GREAT idea!!! I was going to do traditional but Now I have changed it so much. Music says a lot and is so meaningful I say make it your style! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users