Ceremony songs

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#1 Kat81

Kat81
  • VIP Member
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 07:30 PM

Ok, so do you think it would be weird to use the Bridal March at a Destination Wedding? I found a really pretty version of it with a harp... sounds so pretty. Also what songs are you using for walking back down the aisle after being married? And while I am at it what songs are you using to be introduced at the Reception?

#2 Bride010101

Bride010101
    • 1,547 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 07:35 PM

I'm still debating on the whole music issue.

I would say go with the Bridal March if that's what you want! I don't see anything wrong with it... and its your day!

At this point I think I'm going to choose songs to put on a cd to walk down the aisle to and to have my FSIL sing to during the ceremony. Then hire the steel band for the end of the ceremony and during punch/photo time.

#3 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
      • 26,161 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 08:23 PM

There is nothing wrong with that at all! I think you should use songs that are important to you so go for it!

I walked down the aisle to The Air I Breathe by Teena Marie and the exit song was Golden Time of Day by Frankie Beverly & Maze. It played when we kissed and then we walked out. We were announced/introduced to Super Duper Love by Joss Stone.

#4 Yari

Yari
        • VIP Member
        • 10,928 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 04:15 AM

I am totally doing the bridal march. I waited my whole life to hear it be played for me. I can't wait.

#5 Kat81

Kat81
          • VIP Member
          • 7,615 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 12:02 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Yari
            I am totally doing the bridal march. I waited my whole life to hear it be played for me. I can't wait.
            Are you doing the organ church version or like a lighter piano or harp version? I found some really pretty ones on youtube. They just sound so light and "beachy" lol

#6 FinallyMrsBeckermann

FinallyMrsBeckermann
            • 161 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 11:46 AM

We had... well.. a different sort of selection for our ceremony music, but it was all music that we love and shows our personalities.
              The bridesmaids walked down the isle to "Love Is On The Way" by Siagon Kick, I walked down to "Lost In The Moment" by Big & Rich", during the signing of our marriage certificate we played "I'll Wait For You" by Joe Nichols, and to throw in a little of our rock 'n roll fun side, we played "Stranglehold" by Ted Nugent as we walked out. I know that sounds a bit.. hoosier but I have to say we had SO many people come up to us afterwards saying they thought it was awesome.
              But I say you play whatever your heart desires! This is YOUR day and it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks! Nothing at all with playing the bridal march!

#7 nenamono

nenamono
              • 282 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 12:05 PM

Definately go for the song that makes you happy its your wedding day.

I will be walking down the aisle to the instrumental version of Clocks by Coldplay.

Ok so maybe someone can help me out Im confused by the processional, recessional, etc and how many songs I need to have, how long, etc. Can someone explain any of this to me or point me in the right direction.

#8 foxytv

foxytv
                • VIP Member
                • 7,740 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 12:35 PM

sorry -- double post

#9 Saraha

Saraha
                  • 2,597 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 12:35 PM

The BM and Gm are walking down to the instrumental version of kiss the girl from the little mermaid.... got the idea thanks to someone on the forum and we are walking down to somewhere over the rainbow,, forgot who sings it but some hawiian guy..
                    We are walking back down the isle to Bob Marley -One love.

I say you do what you want to do as far as what to walk down the isle to... its your day!

#10 Yvette

Yvette
                    • 510 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 12:39 PM

The wedding march played by a harp sounds great. We hired a steel pan player so I honestly don't know what it will be, but I'm sure it will be perfect. As for being introduced we are having a small dinner after the ceremony but nothing formal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users