Photo

a whole new set of wedding dress options

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#11 JennyK

JennyK
  • 3,502 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 09:29 PM

Definitely love the 2nd one - It's gorgeous!

#12 MelissaH

MelissaH
    • 1,724 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 09:30 PM

I'm loving the 2nd one!

#13 Spazz

Spazz
      • VIP Member
      • 10,482 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 10:57 PM

I love the second one too!

#14 lucy106

lucy106
        • 2,880 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 11:08 PM

I love that second one. It looks very elegant without being over the top. The back of the first one is a bit much IMHO.

#15 BarefootBride

BarefootBride
          • 1,266 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 12:26 AM

the second one looks good on you! But I would keep looking if you arent sure.

#16 melglnh2o

melglnh2o
            • 1,016 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 01:54 AM

Upon first glance I really thought the second one was beautiful on you. It jumped right out at me. I didn't care for the third one at all. If you are not sure yet, I would definitely recommend to keep looking. Your perfect dress is out there somewhere waiting for you to find it! Good luck!!

#17 tvt

tvt
              • VIP Member
              • 4,812 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 02:09 AM

today at the dress shop i really liked #2, but i showed it to my mom and she hated it.

she said, and i quote "it looks like your dress fell down, because you are lugging around a sack of potatos (the bottom of the dress) and now your bra is showing (the lace boob part)" gotta love that description for a dress you really liked.

then i was bad and forced Joe to look at the picture of the second dress, he liked it. hello, ding dong over here!

#18 tvt

tvt
                • VIP Member
                • 4,812 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 02:11 AM

i also wonder if i'll ever get "the feeling". I am "blessed" with a critical eye. bluck

#19 nat4crim

nat4crim
                  • 163 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 02:34 AM

I really like the Maggie dress. What colour would you go with? Perhaps the back would not look so busy if it was not the pink sash? I also love Paloma Blanca gowns. I love the material and how light they feel but to be honest, I'm not a fan of that one. Also, you already showed you FH so you can't get that one now :)

As for that "feeling", I think that's a personal thing. I shopped for a gown for months, and was upset that I never had "the feeling". In the end, I committed to a dress that was one of my 2 top choices and had pretty much everything I was looking for (corset, sweep train, a-line but form fitting, sparkles, light gold). The last few months I was anxious and I only got that bridal feeling at the last fitting.

Good luck finding your perfect gown.

#20 becks

becks

VIP

• VIP Member
                    • 4,881 posts
                    • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
                    • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
                    • LocationNew York

Posted 24 February 2008 - 10:31 AM

I loved the second one!

I took FI with me dress shopping in a fit of despair. Of course, we found the dress... So, I went back a few days later with a girlfriend (bought the dress), and then told FI that my girlfriend didn't like it. The a week or two later, went shopping for normal stuff with same girlfriend, came back and told FI that I found a dress (not that I found it that day, but just that I found one).

So don't sweat that FI has seen it... just work around it.

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users