large signatures

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

#71 boscobel

boscobel
  • VIP Member
  • 24,213 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 07:04 PM

I couldn't agree with everything said any more. I also, LOVE the siggies! I love this forum and I think we are all nice supportive people. I hope she does check back in to see that that is the truth.

#72 gkashmira

gkashmira
    • 1,962 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 07:27 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by carly
      I couldn't agree with everything said any more. I also, LOVE the siggies! I love this forum and I think we are all nice supportive people. I hope she does check back in to see that that is the truth.

So true. Because this is such an awesome group of people from all over the world (ok, well maybe just all over the North American continent). It's also an important lesson to learn: reread your posts and make sure you don't sound like a b*tch! (i try to do this but don't always succeed... and then I have to come back and do this )
      Kashmira & Dan
      Happily married since June 16, 2007
      http://i95.photobuck....a/IMG_0769.jpg
      Our mini-video: http://www.bajavideo...m/Kash_Dan.html
      Photo slideshow: http://www.tomasbarron.com/recent.php

#73 JUSTUSTWO

JUSTUSTWO

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 12,193 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 07:27 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Morgan
        You can always see the old titles in the first posts. So even when mods change the title, the original posts still have the old title.
        I went back & saw the original title and definitely think that the original title comes off as a tad offensive. Considering this entire issue & the fact that the poster didn't know she had the ability to turn the signatures off, I do have a question. I know that we are all adults here and we should be responsible enough to read the rules/instrusctions of the forum prior to joining. However, I can personally say that I joined & didn't read anything that I should have read in terms of forum do's & dont's, posting & you, rules, etc. The things that I have learned here as to how the forum operates, have been trial & error and from reading other people's issues in threads. And it wasn't until AnnR bumped the posting & you thread, that I ever really read anything at all. That being said, would it seem, lets see, whats the word I'm looking for, would it seem childish to be required to read forum do's & dont's & rules, prior to joining & being able to post? It seems like a laborsom suggestion, but in the end, would it cut down on a lot of confusion/questions as to all of the features that BDW has?

#74 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 18,759 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 07:49 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by JUSTUSTWO
          I went back & saw the original title and definitely think that the original title comes off as a tad offensive. Considering this entire issue & the fact that the poster didn't know she had the ability to turn the signatures off, I do have a question. I know that we are all adults here and we should be responsible enough to read the rules/instrusctions of the forum prior to joining. However, I can personally say that I joined & didn't read anything that I should have read in terms of forum do's & dont's, posting & you, rules, etc. The things that I have learned here as to how the forum operates, have been trial & error and from reading other people's issues in threads. And it wasn't until AnnR bumped the posting & you thread, that I ever really read anything at all. That being said, would it seem, lets see, whats the word I'm looking for, would it seem childish to be required to read forum do's & dont's & rules, prior to joining & being able to post? It seems like a laborsom suggestion, but in the end, would it cut down on a lot of confusion/questions as to all of the features that BDW has?
          I think that would be a great idea. I believe it has been brought up before & someone said there is an email you get when you join. I don't remember it though. I know I was hesitant to post at first because I didn't want to do anything wrong. I have been attacked in forums in the past. I was actually surprised when everyone was so welcoming. It took me a while to start posting- now I don't shut up.

There is info in the navigating the forum section, but I guess many people just jump right in to the good stuff. They also made one of the searching threads sticky.

#75 *JillD*

*JillD*
          • 5,112 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 08:39 PM

I know I'm late to this and I agree with everyone else. I enjoy seeing everyones sig pics and I think that if someone has a problem with them, they could have written a nicer post about it. It really was very attacking the way it was worded and had a very offensive title. For a newer member to basically attack the way the forum is run, is kind of a personal attack on all of us and I know that most of us are very protective of the forum.

#76 Alyssa

Alyssa
            • 11,793 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 12:20 AM

well said Jilly! :)

#77 evonut

evonut
              • 92 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 02:40 AM

Testing, testing...does my sig show? I've been on BDW for almost two years now and this is the first time I did up my signature.

#78 evonut

evonut
                • 92 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 02:40 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by evonut
                  Testing, testing...does my sig show? I've been on BDW for almost two years now and this is the first time I did up my signature.
                  Guess my sig doesn't work. Let me try again.

#79 evonut

evonut
                  • 92 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 02:43 AM

Testing, testing...1, 2, 3...

#80 Yari

Yari
                    • VIP Member
                    • 10,928 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 02:43 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by evonut