Photo

For those who got married in Oahu, how many days to get the marriage license?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Jtds2713

Jtds2713
  • 714 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 02:29 AM

Hello Ladies! We are getting legally married in Oahu on September 3, two days after Labor Day. We are applying for the marriage license the day before our wedding. Is a full day enough to get the marriage license? Thank you in advance for your help!

Jessica

#2 Yari

Yari
    • VIP Member
    • 10,928 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 02:36 AM

I find this site for you, hope it helps!

http://hawaii.gov/he....age/index.html

#3 Jtds2713

Jtds2713
      • 714 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 02:08 PM

Thank you Yari! I tried calling them but I only got a recording. I am still hoping somebody from this forum who got married in Oahu can share their experience. Thanks a lot again!

Best to you!

Jessica

#4 CTHawaii14

CTHawaii14
        • 488 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 06:39 PM

Im getting married in Oahu and my WC set up the appt to get our marriage license on Wed morning and we are getting married on Fri. morning so I dont think it will be a problem.
          From what I have heard all you have to do is go the the state health department with your ID's, $60 in cash and it takes 45 min. to do all of the paperwork. Then its good for 30 days.

#5 CTHawaii14

CTHawaii14
          • 488 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 06:40 PM

Here I just pulled this off of the hawaii state department of health's website:
            Upon approval, a marriage license is issued at the time the application is made. So I think you are going to be fine.

#6 Jessalyn

Jessalyn
            • 1,876 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 06:42 PM

I was married on Maui and got the license on the way to our beach ceremony...so it is issued immediately...don't worry! :)
              My new man....Donovan

Wedding photos and avatar by Jonathan Thrasher Photography - www.jthrasherphoto.com
              Our wedding slide show www.jthrasherphoto.com/slideshows/jessalynhttp://tickers.Ticke....k/27c1/age.png

#7 mpark46

mpark46
              • 154 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 09:14 PM

I found this info. It looks like you can make an appointment by calling ahead.

Obtaining a marriage license is simple here in Hawaii.

No sooner that 30 days prior to the wedding date, Please arrange for an appointment to obtain the actual Marriage License. Call (80 586-4545

Both Bride and Groom must apply in person for the appointment located at

Department of Health
                Marriage License Section
                1250 Punchbowl St

Monday ~ Friday 8:00am ~ 2:00pm

Must present Marriage License Application at time of appointment

18 years of age or younger will need a birth certificate

Must bring $60.00 in cash for the license fee ( subject to change please check the below link to confirm)

Photo identification for both Bride and Groom is required.

#8 Jtds2713

Jtds2713
                • 714 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 10:38 PM

Thanks to all of you ladies for the help! I appreciate it very much! I love this forum! Here is Gina's (of Pixoflife) reply also:

Hi Jessica,

How neat to have not 1 but 2 destination weddings! The process for a marriage license on Oahu went very smoothly. I think we were there for less than an hour tops and received the paperwork immediately.
                  Not sure if you have viewed this site, but you can download the marriage license app here and it will speed the process up even more if you complete it beforehand. Once you arrive, you just sign in, a staff member will take you to complete the app and should give it to you after a little wait depending on how busy it is.

Regarding turnaround time after the ceremony, we did not get the rush option and received our license in the mail to our home in CA within a month.

Hope that info helps!
                  ~Gina

#9 Jtds2713

Jtds2713
                  • 714 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 12:37 AM

Here is more information regarding obtaining a marriage license AFTER OFFICE HOURS:

AFTER HOURS LICENSING
                    To obtain a Marriage License during non-business hours, call an agent below to schedule an appointment. Callers: Please check for time zone differences!!! Hawaii does NOT observe daylight savings time. Cost is the same $60; no extra charge, but you will need to get to their homes on your own.

Sherilynn (80 523-1880 (lives in downtown area; works days - Call between 5:30-7:00 p.m. HST)
                    Fusako (80 455-1186 (lives in Pearl City; Call ONLY between 4:00-6:00 p.m. HST)

#10 kino_iki

kino_iki
                    • 12 posts

Posted 13 July 2008 - 01:23 PM

Hey Jessica!

I went two business days beforehand, just in case. It took less than 30 minutes, there was no line around 10 AM. They just have to re-type all the paperwork and make you say a little statement and sign the paper. The most difficult part was that we had to figure out our parents' full names and that was about it. They also asked if I wanted to expedite getting the certificate afterwards (which takes two weeks)... for another $10. That was a different line (records) so that took a lot longer.

If you dont want to change your name, make sure you tell them that as well.

Good luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users