Photo

Anyone get married on a Royal Caribbean Cruise?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#11 Tamster808

Tamster808
  • 193 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 06:34 PM

If you go to cruise critic you will see alot of negative reviews concerning cruise wedding. But there are positive ones out there. If you are unsatisfied you are more likely to write a review<- my opinion.

#12 ValGalJCA

ValGalJCA
    • 21 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 09:15 PM

I agree with you Tamster! If you're unhappy you are more likely to take the time to write a review. That said, I have decided not to use Royal Caribbean for my actual wedding because of all the bad reviews I have read. They convinced me. Lol.

I like to be in the know and will want to be able to discuss details as I move along in the planning process and everything I have read contradicted this behavior.

Best of luck to those who use them and I hope they will write a review if they have a good experience so that other cruise brides can form a different opinion of cruise ship weddings.

#13 beachbride09

beachbride09
      • 150 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 10:24 PM

I'm planning a wedding cruise, though not with Royal Caribbean but with NCL.

I attempted to talk with TWE (the same organization that coordinates all wedding cruises) and found them... not quite all 'there' if you catch my drift.

So, I started researching my other options and have decided to plan my own ceremony with a local place, Grand Old House.

Much, much easier!! And cheaper too! The only 'issue' is that we're on the island for so long and having the ceremony limits how much time we have left for some shore excursions.
        http://farm4.static.....3ca1220c_m.jpgJanuary 20, 2009
        Grand Cayman Island

#14 Banana11

Banana11
        • VIP Member
        • 8,841 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 02:40 PM

I am having a wedding cruise on RCCL (Freedom of the Seas) in February 2009. We are getting married in Ocho Rios, Jamaica. We didn't use the RCCL Royal Romance department and instead went with a local resort in Jamaica and their planner. So far, she has been very helpful! Anyone have suggestions on how much to tip a resort wedding planner? I have no clue where to even start with that?! It's different with a cruise because she really isn't assisting with anything besides the ceremony. The cocktail/appetizer reception will be back on the ship. Thanks for any advice!

#15 katm

katm
          • 24 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 10:25 AM

My husband and I just attended his sisters wedding along with 20 or so other guests in April this year. It was on RC Adventure of the Seas, this was a massive and beautiful ship. We were treated like royalty and everything with the wedding went well. She was given a time of 12 noon for her wedding and that changed to 3pm at some point which was better. The wedding was in the chapel on board as we were ported in St Maarten. We had time after the wedding to leave the ship to take pics nearby but couldn't go far due to sail time.
            I would recocommend this type of wedding to anyone. Royal Caribbean was fantastic.

#16 Carolyn

Carolyn
            • 1,235 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 11:54 AM

My cousin got married on the Royal Cruise ship. I though the wedding was great and they did a wonderful job.

#17 nfgator

nfgator
              • 4 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 01:33 PM

I'm getting married on RCI, but not on the ship. We hired a island wedding planner for a beach wedding.

#18 dmbfanliz

dmbfanliz
                • 19 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 04:07 PM

Do any of you lovely ladies that have gotten married on a cruise in the past couple of months have any updates?? I am starting to look into how the cruise wedding process works, so I would love any updates! Thanks, ladies :0)
                  http://dwdf.daisypath.com/UM8wm6.png

Let me not to the marriage of true minds Admit impediments. Love is not love Which alters when it alteration finds, Or bends with the remover to remove: O no! it is an ever-fixed mark That looks on tempests and is never shaken... Exert from Shakespeare's...

#19 Banana11

Banana11
                  • VIP Member
                  • 8,841 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 04:55 PM

My review is in my siggy. I would just start asking questions and we'll be able to help you better.

#20 Carlitarenee

Carlitarenee
                    • 248 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 12:10 AM

I just got my Guest Vacation documents from Royal Caribbean! =) 5 more weeks until we fly home... are there any RCCL brides with weddings coming up?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users